Looper Delay, who makes the best for the money?

Matt Howell

• Members

I own lots of high end delay units, but NO loopers. I have the Chandler Rack delay, Maxon AD900, AD-9 modded, and several digital delays I like. I really want a looper for some experimental stuff I am doing, and live stuff with only 1 guitarist. I have seen the DD-7, Hardwire, Jam Man versions. I am pretty picky on bad buffers, and prefer true bypass, because I already have great buffers I can use. There is a lot of them out there, and would like to stay under 150.00 if possible. I also may do 2-3 loops at once.

• Members

I don't know much about loopers either but I was demoing a friend's rig the other day and he showed me his loop pedal and I was so impressed, it's called the Boomerang, I don't know who makes it, but it's way cool, it was my first real experience with one (other than the lame-ish loop function on the DL4) and I a lot had fun with it!

I can't tel whether it's better or worse than other models because it's the only one I've tried but man that thing is way cool.

• Members

How long is the looper?How many loops can I do at once?

I think it's something like 24 seconds. The delays are worth the price alone. The looper is very user friendly but I'm not sure how many loops you can run at once.

Skip to 3:58...

[YOUTUBE]_jVITuwiw-g?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3SfYS1aryPs?fs[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I think it's something like 24 seconds. The delays are worth the price alone. The looper is very user friendly but I'm not sure how many loops you can run at once.

Seems to me like you can pretty much loop into infinity, the only thing is the early loops kind of fade away as you add on more layers. Running 2 or 3 is no problem though. The only loop that it keeps is the first one though (as in, you can stop all the other loops and just have the first one playing).

Also if you are going to do multiple loops, your recording time gets cut in half (one loop in normal mode is 24s, but if you're overdubbing you only get 12s) but in extended mode (29.4 kHz instead of 44.1kHz, which to me is fine for guitar, I can't hear a difference) you get 18s if you're overdubbing.

Love my headrush - awesome delay pedal and the looping is great too - I have found other loopers (Boss) have a bit of a lag when engaging them and the headrush is instant, so it's easier to use. A little bit noisy though.

Archived