Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it unsafe to have 2 amps plugged into a cabinet at the same time...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it unsafe to have 2 amps plugged into a cabinet at the same time...

if one of the amps are off? One amp going from the 16 ohm output into the 16 ohm input of a 1960 cab, and another amp from the 4 ohm output into the 4 ohm input of the cab. With only one amp ever turned on at a time, is there an issue in doing this?

I ask because the sound is different if both are hooked up simultaneously, even though only a single amp is turned on. I don't have them both hooked up for this reason, but am curious to know the answer.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Very unsafe.
    VHT/FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD

Comment

Put the cab in stereo mode and use the 8 ohm outputs on each head. That way each head safely uses just 2 speakers at 8 ohms per pair.
      Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

DCC Engineering - custom cabinets, pedals and amps.
      Omens - my band

Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

Comment

Make a video so we can watch you smoke your amp.
        I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

Put the cab in stereo mode and use the 8 ohm outputs on each head. That way each head safely uses just 2 speakers at 8 ohms per pair.

Word.
          Then you can also use both amps at once, or run them through a Radial Headbone, to switch sounds.
          Knut E Evenmo before the great update

Comment

Word.
            Then you can also use both amps at once, or run them through a Radial Headbone, to switch sounds.

No need for a Radial with two heads into a stereo cabinet. A simple A/B between the guitar and the amp inputs would work.

Comment

No need for a Radial with two heads into a stereo cabinet. A simple A/B between the guitar and the amp inputs would work.

You`re absolutely right!
              I`m tired and half-sloshed on wine, and read too fast
              Knut E Evenmo before the great update

Comment

Working...
              X