Gotta give my friend O'Rourke some props for some great Uber mods!

LA-Ü-RA

• Members

I know my clips kinda suck but O'Rourke modded his Framus Dragon and I dug it so I let him have his way with my Uberschall. The mods were a combination of some tried and true Gutierrez mods (Brent Gutierrez), Brendan's ideas (O'Rourke) and Eric Hellstyle's mod ideas. I think it turned out pretty great. I will be trying some new power tubes this week also. I think 6550's may be the way to go now but again, I am really pleased with the results and I wanted to give a big thanks to Brendan (O'Rourke), EricHellstyle and Brent Gutierrez for the mod ideas and Brendan for the work. :thu:

With SED EL34's (brand new not burned in and not all that well matched).

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/30-34uberpt2.mp3

With JJ KT88's:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/88-uber2.0.mp3

O'Rourke's modded Dragon:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/14-ldragondirty.mp3

There is a pre-mod clip of the Uber on netmusicians too if you are interested...

• Members

1 reply to a phatgirl thread? You guys are slipping.:lol:

Brent and Eric deserve all the credit for the mod, I just soldered in what they told me to via emails to the Valvequeen and myself. Nice work gentlemen.:thu:

I am not a fan of either of those amps, and i love metal. Sold mine rather quickly. The mods are a good improvement. Would love to know what they are.

I posted the Dragon mod specs, search my posts and you should be able to pull them up. Can't comment on the Uber, was sworn to secrecy on those just did the soldering work and un-hacked a weird mod on the treble pot. Thank you VERY much for just clipping those leads so close to the board whoever you are.:facepalm: Do it right and unsolder the thing or at least leave enough for the poor bastard who has to fix your {censored}ty mod to grab onto next time please.:lol:

Thing flat out slays though, should have some more clips in the next few days. Sounds absolutely crushing in the room.:thu:

• Members

Being an Uber Rev 2 owner who lives in Ohio, this thread is relevant to my interests. What did these modes do to affect the tone/ sound?

No more fizz, more focused and the tonal controls seem to work like they should now. They really need a depth knob on these because the bass and sub lows being tied together gets to be a little too much. We are gonna mess with it a bit more and also mod it back for EL34's too. They sounds smoother and the glassy tone is gone.

• Members
No more fizz, more focused and the tonal controls seem to work like they should now. They really need a depth knob on these because the bass and sub lows being tied together gets to be a little too much. We are gonna mess with it a bit more and also mod it back for EL34's too. They sounds smoother and the glassy tone is gone.

Neato. I'm an el34 player so that will be further relevant to my interests. :wave: Lemme know ho that goes. I just countered sub lows by maxing (or close to it) the mids, with the presence not far behind.

What did these mods do to the treble control?

• Members

What did these mods do to the treble control?

On her amp I had to fix the treble control first, somebody had clipped off the stock cap and wired a new one in the wrong location. Don't really know what the change vs. the stock treble control would be like since it wasn't right to begin with.

Archived