No announcement yet.

Favorite Literary Characters?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roland Deschain.

I love Roland too, great character. Have you read all the books?

Now that I have I'm going back through his entire catalog and reading all the books that tie in with it. I'm currently taking a break from his DT tie ins though to read Under the Dome. It's pretty kick ass so far (about 1/4 way through). If you can't tell I'm a big Stephan King fan.
    Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

Dr. Benway
      Originally Posted by Motorik

If I were a boxer my walk-in music would be 'Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me?"

Originally Posted by vikingrat

America because we have more dead people on Mt Everest and we have Lake Tahoe which the native Asians believed to be the mouth way to hell. Also Blackmore, Malmsteen, Page, Hackett, Howe, Fripp etc were all born in America. Futhurmore the best bands to come out of the British Invasion wre Americans. We also have fat homeless people.

Comment

Yeah, but all of this characters either die, go insane, or are giant world-eating monstrosities that gibber in the dark! Loves me some Lovecraft, though.

This.

I'm totally into some Lovecraft, but it's really more about the story and the whole mythos than the individual characters in most of his works, for me.
        Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

This.

I'm totally into some Lovecraft, but it's really more about the story and the whole mythos than the individual characters in most of his works, for me.

I'm totally psyched about the possibility of Guillermo del Toro directing At the Mountains of Madness!

I am teaching The Canterbury Tales this quarter and I had forgotten how great the Wife of Bath is. Classic character.
          Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

Rocking the spandex AND the depends!

Comment

I'm totally psyched about the possibility of Guillermo del Toro directing At the Mountains of Madness!

This is relevant to my interests!!!!

I was so sad when he stepped away from The Hobbit since its currently in bankruptcy limbo. But he does dark and weird (as in weird tales weird) so well.....that'd be awesome.

Favorite characters? Sheesh....hmm.

Perrin
            Most of David Drake's main characters from the Hammer's Slammer's short stories. I learned more about war and humanity from those stories than most history books.
            Lt. Daniel Leary.

Hmm...I dunno. I like books, I guess I don't have favorite characters as often as I have characters I wish would die.
            Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
            Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

Oh! How could I forget two classics?

Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser

Comment

Oh! How could I forget two classics?

Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser

Forgot about them!
                A+ submission, Yarbicus!
                -ESP: SS Alexi Sawtooth-Framus: Cobra KT88-VHT: FB-412 P50E-Maxon: OD808-iSP: Decimator-Dunlop: DCR-2SR-Eventide: TimeFactor-Peterson: VS-R Tuner-Furman: AR-15 II-Eventide: PowerFactor-Axess: GRX4 & MFC5

Comment

Okay, I haven't read any of this thread, so apologies for repeats:

Roland Deschain
                  Harry Dresden
                  Randall Flagg/Man in Black/etc, etc
                  Lisbeth Salander
                  Drizzt Do'Urden (say what you want, Salvatore can ****************ing write)
                  Ignatious Perrish (from Horns...I recommend it)

that's just off the top of my head...
                  Originally Posted by jnurp

murdoch always brings teh lulz.

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

Also MurdochV wins thread.

Originally Posted by sleewell

Murdoch'd = when you think you have something funny to say only to hit post and that son of a bitch said it 10x funnier.

Comment

Nikki Sixx
                    Tommy Lee
                    Vince Neil
                    Mick Mars
                    BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                    Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuu....

How'd I forget him??? And yes, he can write. On the other hand, his editors cannot edit.
                      Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

I hope some of you die and end the string of ****************ty broken families. Seriously, go shoot yourselves.

Originally Posted by OverDriven

I like a little thickness. After all, the angle of the dangle is proportionate to the cube of the boob times the mass of the ass. This, of course, doesn't take into account the sag of the bag.

Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

I eat at the compost heap behind planned parenthood.

Originally Posted by justcrash

The only "shocking" thing about this thread is that your username wasn't already taken.

Comment

Prepare for the cliche fest.

Roland of Gilead
                        The Sandman (Gaiman) - there are tons of great characters in this series.
                        Tyler Durden
                        Mr. Wednesday
                        Carl Streator

****************, there are a billion more. I love books.
                        ORANGE AMPS
                        Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

Okay, I haven't read any of this thread, so apologies for repeats:

Roland Deschain
                          Harry Dresden
                          Randall Flagg/Man in Black/etc, etc
                          Lisbeth Salander
                          Ignatious Perrish (from Horns...I recommend it)

that's just off the top of my head...

This is a good list.

****************, Harry Dresden is the man. I didn't realize it was a book series before it was a failed TV show. I need to read these books. Is it called "The Dresden Files"?
                          ORANGE AMPS
                          Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

Oh, I forgot about this guy...and it's in a comic, so it might not apply, but it's a DAMNED good comic...

Jesse Custer

Murdoch'd = when you think you have something funny to say only to hit post and that son of a bitch said it 10x funnier.

Comment

This is a good list.

****************, Harry Dresden is the man. I didn't realize it was a book series before it was a failed TV show. I need to read these books. Is it called "The Dresden Files"?

Sure is. The first book is called Storm Front, and it's decent, but it was Butcher's first ever novel. The series gets better exponentially with each book that he writes. There are 11 or 12 of them now, and the last one ended on a cliffhanger. New one comes out in April, I believe...Butcher publishes one per year. If you start kicking ass in reading the series, you'll have them done in plenty of time for the new one.

Comment

Sure is. The first book is called Storm Front, and it's decent, but it was Butcher's first ever novel. The series gets better exponentially with each book that he writes. There are 11 or 12 of them now, and the last one ended on a cliffhanger. New one comes out in April, I believe...Butcher publishes one per year. If you start kicking ass in reading the series, you'll have them done in plenty of time for the new one.

+1. LOVED Changes. Just when I think Butcher is on the verge of getting stale, he throws an awesome curve ball. Can't stand his other books, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X