Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Literary Characters?

For me...

Sandor Clegane (with a bunch of close seconds from the same series tyrion/cersei/jaime/JS/etc, etc)
    Elric
    Rumpole
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Garamond"><font size="5"><font size="4">Good Deals with: Kingtom, pro.sa, and JsinBTL</font></font></font></div>

Raskolnikov
    Jean Valjean
    Ivan Karamazov
    Good deals with: the avenger, Zepsongs, BryanFTWL, gibbyshibby, marshmi, Ovid9, emptyparadigm, thesockmonster, Krunch79, VoodooChild24, espdna, StopReferencing, mhn433, NixerX, Mood Sphinx, itkindaworks, SomeDayRockstar, guller1, metz420(TGP)

Comment

Conan the Barbarian
      Sherlock Holmes
      Mike Hammer
      Phillip Marlowe
      Sam Spade.

Comment

Raskolnikov
        Jean Valjean
        Ivan Karamazov

College Lit Professor?

**************** Ivan, Fyodor is where its at.

Where Sheik, I know hes also a total Ice And Fire/Eternal Champion nerd.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Garamond"><font size="5"><font size="4">Good Deals with: Kingtom, pro.sa, and JsinBTL</font></font></font></div>

Comment

Sherlock Holmes

I've got a fat Sherlock Holmes anthology, hes not one of my favorite characters but the stories are all awesome for sure. The best version of SH, However, is...

Not literary but still an awesome character.

Comment

College Lit Professor?

**************** Ivan, Fyodor is where its at.

Where Sheik, I know hes also a total Ice And Fire/Eternal Champion nerd.

Professor, yes, but not in college lit.
            Good deals with: the avenger, Zepsongs, BryanFTWL, gibbyshibby, marshmi, Ovid9, emptyparadigm, thesockmonster, Krunch79, VoodooChild24, espdna, StopReferencing, mhn433, NixerX, Mood Sphinx, itkindaworks, SomeDayRockstar, guller1, metz420(TGP)

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Myshkin

Kind of a putz, but the first one that came to my head :love:

Comment

For me...

Sandor Clegane (with a bunch of close seconds from the same series tyrion/cersei/jaime/JS/etc, etc)
                Elric
                Rumpole

Elric (as well as some other eternal champion characters) = check.

Also, Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever.
                __________________________________________________ ________
                Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

John Galt

Comment

Gee,

Odysseus
                    Hamlet
                    Ishmael

Comment

Damn, haven't read those. Sounds interesting, I'll pick them up in the near future.

Lots of Dostoyevsky love I see.

I guess the crowd here tonight isn't the book reading kind.

Comment

I see you edited. I was gonna say the other eternal champion (and eternal companion" characters are great as well. But if I had to pick one "facet" it would be elric.

The writing in "Sailor on the Seas of Fate" is some of the most amazing I've ever read.

Comment

Al'Lan Mandragoran from the Wheel of Time series.
                          -ESP: SS Alexi Sawtooth<br><br>-Framus: Cobra KT88<br>-VHT: FB-412 P50E<br><br>-Maxon: OD808<br>-iSP: Decimator<br>-Dunlop: DCR-2SR<br>-Eventide: TimeFactor<br>-Peterson: VS-R Tuner<br>-Furman: AR-15 II<br>-Eventide: PowerFactor<br>-Axess: GRX4 &amp; MFC5

Comment

IMO the best Holmes ever, and no one else even came close, is Jeremy Brett RIP.

Comment

Also love the characters in American Gods (and Anansi Boys) as well as The Dark Tower.

Comment

Working...
                              X