and they should have been good.

Guitarist 1:

Mesa recto 4x12

Ibanez SZ720

Guitarist 2:

Engl Screamer

Orange PPC412

Schecter Tempest Custom

the sound was pure fizz, no definition, no real grunt either. The band were playing double time punk in the style of Ignite, Good Riddance and Death By Stereo. If you're going to play fast palm muted chords you need superb definition and plenty of aggression, i dunno if it was their playing or an inability to dial in an amp.

• Members

Guitarist 1:

Mesa recto 4x12

Ibanez SZ720

Guitarist 2:

Engl Screamer

Orange PPC412

Schecter Tempest Custom

the sound was pure fizz, no definition, no real grunt either. The band were playing double time punk in the style of Ignite, Good Riddance and Death By Stereo. If you're going to play fast palm muted chords you need superb definition and plenty of aggression, i dunno if it was their playing or an inability to dial in an amp.

Mix of playing and dialing treble + presence too high, mids too low etc..

• Members

Guitarist 1:

Mesa recto 4x12

Ibanez SZ720

Guitarist 2:

Engl Screamer

Orange PPC412

Schecter Tempest Custom

I remember when a sound with pure fizz, no definition and no real grunt was the IDEAL sound for punk.

• Members
Mix of playing and dialing treble + presence too high, mids too low etc..

This.

Kinda like the douche I saw the other day running a Boss ME-70 into a Fender Hot Rod Deville.

{censored} sounded like mosquitoes {censored}ing. Then, get this, in the 3-piece band a buddy of mine was filling in on bass for, the dude has the audacity to try to play and sing "Great Gig in the Sky" and FAILS painfully at both. :facepalm:

We suffered through it for one set, made fun of my buddy's "how the {censored} did I get roped into this" expression & got the {censored} out of there.

{censored}, I had a guy audition for my band wheel in a Triple Rec head, Marshall cab, a brand new black Les Paul Custom along with his laptop & Guitar Rig floorboard, listened to him tell me how much "better" the Guitar Rig setup was than my SKB Stage 5 board full o' pedals, then proceed to "wow" us equally with his lack of skills and the fact that he made a Triple Recto half stack sound like a hand-held transistor radio.

Archived