Best Speakers To Mix With V30s?

BryanFTWL

• Members

I love V30s but MAJORLY dislike that high end sizzle they have. No matter what amp I hear running through a v30 it has that sizzle to it that I just don't like.

What other speaker paired would help calm that down some?

I hear great things about 65s mixed?

Also, I don't really give a {censored} what brand it is as long as it sounds good.

• Members

I've always been told that rather than adding up the total number you add up the lower wattage speakers to the total number of speakers in the cab.

So:

4 v30s (Mesa 70w)=280w

2 v30s + 2 h30s=120

Am I wrong?

That's correct. I had 75's paired with Governors (supposedly based on the V30) and that combo was huge. The mid heaviness of the governors really complimented the slight scoop in the 75's. Complemented each other well. I've also heard great things about the H30 and V30 as well.

• Members

65's are by far my favorite speakers, but their sensitivity is 3db less than V30's, I would think they would get drowned out if in the same cabinet.

+1

even G12H's get drowned by V30's, they are also 100db and quite mid heavy

G12K's may work since they have a very different voicing (like a G12T75 on steroids), so they won't compete too much

• Members

I thought the V30's with G12T-75's worked well together. At least that's what I've heard when I played it through my friend's JVM 205. Gig levels at his large living room, I didn't hear the high end sizzle of the V30's or the ice pickiness the 75's are notorious for. And I played my J5 Tele, on P-90 mode, it's about as bright as it gets.

• Members

I don't think blending the V30 with something else is going to get rid of the spike. Kinda like if spraying febreeze won't get rid of the smell of {censored}, just cover it a little, but you'll still get the underlying base of feces. Not saying V30's sound like {censored}, I actually like the Mesa OEM V30's a lot. The regular ones are OK, good speakers, but after long playing times at high volumes the mid spike does grate on the ears.

I'd recommend selling the V30's and picking up a couple WGS, Vet 30 & ET65 to be exact. I have them in my combo, and they are killer.

• Members

Are you guys sure that mesa v30s are 70w? Where was this confirmed, because the mesaboogie site seems to suggest that they are 60w. What clones are similar to mesa v30?

The Plate on my Mesa Cab

Cel-30 Combined Power Capacity 280 Watts

280/4 = 70

Archived