NPD: Xotic content

eudaimonia02912

• Members

Too lazy to take my own pic, so here's someone else's:

P1040504.jpg

Xotic BB Preamp Mid-Boost!

After an hour of play, it's clear that I have no further reason to keep my Fulltone OCD. I've already found a setting where it sounds good into a clean amp, changes channel 2 of the Mark V from a hard rock sound into a rich metal tone, and adds sustain and fatness to channel 3 of the V without making it too noisy. Plus it seems to stack nicely with my fuzz.

• Members

Yeah, I also have the OCD, and still really like it. Have you tried stacking the two on the Mark's clean channel? I've liked some of the sounds I've gotten from doing that.

But I guess I use the OCD as a light od and the BB w/ MB as a boost, so they aren't really overlapping for me.

How do you set your BB?

I liked the OCD for light overdrive with other amps, but not with the MV. I'm not sure why.

I also still have a tubescreamer, a Dano Transparent Overdrive, and a fuzz on my board. I tend to use those other three only with my Strat.

• Members

with the mid boost not engaged does it sound the same as the regular one? I like the mid boost option though...

It claims that with the midboost at 9 o'clock, it's identical to the regular BB. I don't have any experience with the regular BB, so I'm not sure myself. I purchased this one because people seem to prefer it.

• Members

How do you set your BB?

I liked the OCD for light overdrive with other amps, but not with the MV. I'm not sure why.

I also still have a tubescreamer, a Dano Transparent Overdrive, and a fuzz on my board. I tend to use those other three only with my Strat.

Gain at 0, Volume between noon and full, depending on what I'm doing, mid boost at around 3 o'clock, and I cut the treble and boost the bass very slightly, just off noon. Pretty simple. I use it mostly just with channel 2, I guess I'd describe the sound as slightly EVH-inspired rock tones

Archived