Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five minutes of Congressional time is very ****************ing expensive, and not accomplishing anything for our country except exposing it as the media fraud it is.

Proof or GTFO.

Guitars: Music Man JP6; Jackson USA Select SLS; Hand Made Customs / Amp/Effects: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra
    Bass: Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 / Amp/Effects: Roland CB-30
    Drums: Roland TD-20 / / Amp/Effect: lolwut?

Comment

Well that is an opinion... the implications of a celebrity comedian being allowed there is obviously something that one of the parties wanted to happen. So in reality we could call this a strategic effort from one of the government parties to maybe appeal to a certain portion of the voters. The backlash/controversy of it is minimal compared to the hooras of people who will support it. I don't think it was a waste of anything, considering that if you watch CPIC, most proceedings are very slow and a lot of the speakers take their sweet time with long pauses within their speeches - the sheer amount of words Colbert used within 5 minutes are worth about 5-10 regular speeches. And this, by far, is not the worst spending of tax money in reference to time management for congressional time.

EDIT: Just think about the viewers this brought on. I bet there are like a few 10 thousands of people who watch government proceedings on a regular basis. Add a celebrity with the certainty of satire / comedy = huge ratings. Actual average joes watching government proceedings.

If you're implying this will draw more young voters to the polls, and help the democrats, well it very well may. On the other hand, there are other ways to do this, such as talk plainly and tell them what's truly at stake.
      Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

On the other hand, there are other ways to do this, such as talk plainly and tell them what's truly at stake.

If anyone were to truly do that, there's no ****************ing way in hell they'd vote for either the Democrats OR the Republicans.
        Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

****************ing sickening waste of tax-payer funds. I could not be more disgusted with Congress, or him for that matter.

He just lost a fan in this ridiculous pr grandstanding ploy.

Phfft, MAN you are full of s**t. 'Lost a fan'? Ya, right. Like anyone who was an actual fan would look at this and think only of the supposed "wasted" money (like the government NEVER wastes money, right?) instead of the fact that they are using celebrity to bring light to a very important issue.

WHICH WORKS. It obviously works 'cause here we are talking about the whole thing.

Guitars: Music Man JP6; Jackson USA Select SLS; Hand Made Customs / Amp/Effects: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra

Comment

If anyone were to truly do that, there's no ****************ing way in hell they'd vote for either the Democrats OR the Republicans.

My point exactly. This is more obfuscation, and a weak media ploy at best.

We need a true multi-party system, not two sides of the same coin and more infotainment.

As far as I'm concerned there are enough comedians in congress, it's just that the material is tired and old.
            Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

This guy is just not funny He tries to be, but falls on his face...Either way, glad someone can enjoy it?
              My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
              Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

We need a true multi-party system, not two sides of the same coin and more infotainment.

It's the only way we'll ever see term limits for the Washington lampreys.

Care to hazard a guess as to the probability that it ever actually happens, though?

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Sheikpwnt

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

It's the only way we'll ever see term limits for the Washington lampreys.

Care to hazard a guess as to the probability that it ever actually happens, though?

In the news today; pigs spotted flying over Manhattan, and a surprise blizzard in Hell. Stay tuned, film at 110.

Comment

Comment

It's called being a working actor.

Looking at his older material, before he was typecasted as Ron Burgandy v.2 etc., he has some good stuff.

Stranger Than Fiction was a decent flick, and not his same thing over and over.

And Anchorman was great, also thanks to great supporting cast. And, I am not even a big Ferrell fan. I agree on Carlin, Pryor and Python (watching Flying Circus right now) big time though.

On the other hand, **************** Dane Cook.

Saying **************** Dane Cook is like saying I hate Nazi's. It's not exactly "controversial".
                      Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
                      Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

Comment

Saying **************** Dane Cook is like saying I hate Nazi's. It's not exactly "controversial".

Controversy kinda depends on context though.

These guys:

might not take kindly to me saying, "I hate Nazis." Or they would, who knows they are Nazis.

These guys:

might not take kindly to me saying, "I hate Dane Cook."
                        Good Transactions: Faugernauts, dcindc x 2, tomh777, stratosaurus, Got Metal, Mazi Bee, Bro Blue, youngpedals, Lonely Raven, Juggernaut and tdepaul1313

Comment

If you're implying this will draw more young voters to the polls, and help the democrats, well it very well may. On the other hand, there are other ways to do this, such as talk plainly and tell them what's truly at stake.

I know what you are saying. But who would bring up such an issue? And who would listen to that person? Would it get media attention? What I think, is that this is such a dead topic that nobody really cares about - since it doesn't induce any money, or directly affect the average american -, that there would have been zero attention to it unless something like this happened.

-D
                          Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

This guy is just not funny He tries to be, but falls on his face...Either way, glad someone can enjoy it?

OOOOooohhh, so that's why everyone but 'stick-up-their-asses' conservatives think he's one of the funniest people on T.V., he has such influence that he actually gets invited to speak before house committees, he has two Peabody award, a machine on the international space station named after him, three Emmys, an honorary PhD, an iced cream flavor named after him, was named celebrity of the year in 2007 by the Associated Press, has been knighted, and also was one of Time Magazines most influential people in the world in 2006 - plus a myriad of of other "best" list spots. I got ya'.

Comment

OOOOooohhh, so that's why everyone but 'stick-up-their-asses' conservatives think he's one of the funniest people on T.V., he has such influence that he actually gets invited to speak before house committees, he has two Peabody award, a machine on the international space station named after him, three Emmys, an honorary PhD, an iced cream flavor named after him, was named celebrity of the year in 2007 by the Associated Press, has been knighted, and also was one of Time Magazines most influential people in the world in 2006 - plus a myriad of of other "best" list spots. I got ya'.

Wow, thats pretty crazy! People say stewart is the man, but he doesn't have that "spike" in his personality like Colbert does.. I can see how people can appreciate Colbert. I heard he is quite the douchebag in reality though
                              Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

WOW... what are you, his ****************ing publicist?!

...much?!

Sheikpwnt

Comment

Working...
                                X