Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't want to be labeled as butthurt, at least attempt to disguise your bias.

I can't believe you tried to lump Colbert in with Andrew Dice Clay.

Good call on Carlin, Pryor, and Monty Python though.
    The quoted one liner about his grandfather was one step above "Little boy blew....he needed the money."
    Originally Posted by baijunwei

I will convince my words just by sound performance.

Originally Posted by thinkpad20

This cool story brought to you by left field

Comment

The quoted one liner about his grandfather was one step above "Little boy blew....he needed the money."

Don't think so, champ.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion, though.
      BG Pickups are awesome: www.norcalguitars.com

Arend @ Sweetwater =

Originally Posted by Guitarist+

I don't need your empathy.

Comment

Don't think so, champ.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion, though.

I suppose you think his "cornpacker" joke was the pinnacle of hilarity?
        Originally Posted by baijunwei

I will convince my words just by sound performance.

Originally Posted by thinkpad20

This cool story brought to you by left field

Comment

Examples of lazy humor: Anything by Andrew Dice Clay. Anything by Will Ferrell. Stephen Colbert. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Sorry, you're just not correct here. The idea that you would so hap-hazardly use the worst comedian ever (Clay) to de-intellectualize Colbert by proxy shows that you really don't have anything on Colbert beyond not agreeing with his politics. Colbert, the wit that he is, being lazy is like claiming that black comedians are lazy because black/white comparisons are 'played out'. You have to read between the lines and look beyond your built in bias.

Also, "one-dimensional" is not a literary term. There are two-dimensional characters (also known as "static" or "flat" characters) and three-dimensional characters (also known as "dynamic" characters). In fact, there is no one-dimensional anything; the first dimension is a mathematical concept with only abstract applications.

Guitars: Music Man JP6; Jackson USA Select SLS; Hand Made Customs / Amp/Effects: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra
          Bass: Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 / Amp/Effects: Roland CB-30
          Drums: Roland TD-20 / / Amp/Effect: lolwut?

Comment

All I am saying, is that this specific speech was below par for Colbert. He usually pwns very well on his show, and the speech at the white house thing was awesome too. The one in the op was so so.

Also, about this "no laughing track" thing, I definitely do NOT need a cue to understand that what was said was funny or not.
            Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

it was funny
              Jca 50h/ 100h/ 22h Mod thread and Owners Club
              Jca20H Mod thread and owners club
              Like me on facebook
              Follow me on twitter

Comment

Meh, I thought it was OK. It had its moments, but overall, I didn't find it either as utterly hilarious as most of the liberal nut-swingers did or as abyssmal as most butthurt conservatives did.

He's much funnier on his actual show, IMO.
                Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

It was as funny as it needed to be to make a straightforward point. Apart from that, his presence there is an effective deconstruction of the absurd contradiction of a congress of the wealthy and self-interested. Bring a jokester into Congress to testify on an important issue because he's on the same level as anyone on either "side" - except he's more honest about his intentions.

He entered his colonoscopy into the congressional record. Good, now anyone in Congress can have a look at the inside of his ass. They've had a good luck at all of ours if we aren't millionaires, and yet both parties celebrate their ersatz differences while the same bull**************** corporatist agenda goes on utterly unchallenged by anyone in any branch of the government.
                  www.WamplerPedals.com (as of Dec. 2010) Questions or comments? Contact us!
                  Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

"Agreed is like a hummingbird with a shotgun." - Aedes

Comment

Edit; Straight **************** HC's amazing random downtime. Still better than 2.0
                    Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

Comment

Edit; Straight **************** HC's amazing random downtime. Still better than 2.0

Actually, HC is down every day between 8 & 8:30.
                      Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

WELL THEY NEED TO NOT BE GOD DAMN IT THAT IS PRIME POSTING TIME
                        Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

Comment

Just so everyone's clear the audio to that speech is coming from his isolated table mic, not an ambient mic. The lack of laughing or room noise is just because of the narrow field of the recorder. You'll notice at the very end of the video that the room noise is reintroduced and the whole room is making noise.

EDIT: Oh, and also Colbert paid for all of his own expenses, so no one here can make some kinda' BS remark about wasting tax payer money. The only thing he "wasted" was a whopping 5 minutes time - do you know how much time is wasted in congress on a daily basis?

Guitars: Music Man JP6; Jackson USA Select SLS; Hand Made Customs / Amp/Effects: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra
                          Bass: Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 / Amp/Effects: Roland CB-30
                          Drums: Roland TD-20 / / Amp/Effect: lolwut?

Comment

****************ing sickening waste of tax-payer funds. I could not be more disgusted with Congress, or him for that matter.

He just lost a fan in this ridiculous pr grandstanding ploy.
                            Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

Just so everyone's clear the audio to that speech is coming from his isolated table mic, not an ambient mic. The lack of laughing or room noise is just because of the narrow field of the recorder. You'll notice at the very end of the video that the room noise is reintroduced and the whole room is making noise.

EDIT: Oh, and also Colbert paid for all of his own expenses, so no one here can make some kinda' BS remark about wasting tax payer money. The only thing he "wasted" was a whopping 5 minutes time - do you know how much time is wasted in congress on a daily basis?

Five minutes of Congressional time is very ****************ing expensive, and not accomplishing anything for our country except exposing it as the media fraud it is.
                              Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

Five minutes of Congressional time is very ****************ing expensive, and not accomplishing anything for our country except exposing it as the media fraud it is.

Well that is an opinion... the implications of a celebrity comedian being allowed there is obviously something that one of the parties wanted to happen. So in reality we could call this a strategic effort from one of the government parties to maybe appeal to a certain portion of the voters. The backlash/controversy of it is minimal compared to the hooras of people who will support it. I don't think it was a waste of anything, considering that if you watch CPIC, most proceedings are very slow and a lot of the speakers take their sweet time with long pauses within their speeches - the sheer amount of words Colbert used within 5 minutes are worth about 5-10 regular speeches. And this, by far, is not the worst spending of tax money in reference to time management for congressional time.

EDIT: Just think about the viewers this brought on. I bet there are like a few 10 thousands of people who watch government proceedings on a regular basis. Add a celebrity with the certainty of satire / comedy = huge ratings. Actual average joes watching government proceedings.
                                Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

Working...
                                X