Colbert Shenanigans..

Slaymoar

• Members

About this:

[YOUTUBE]ewPburLEZyY[/YOUTUBE]

Doesn't this speech seem kinda crappy? He had such potential, its not like he's gonna get to do this again.. well not very likely anyways.

There were a few lulz potentials, but it just seems like it wasn't his best material - i thought he would write something with a bit more comedic balls to it - something that actually required a little thinking to write?

Your opinions?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phfft, {censored} all you guys. Colbert is smart, witty, funny and carries a comedic character better than anyone else on T.V. Hate for him, on this forum, would not be a surprise considering the sheer volume of conservatives on this board and the fact that Colbert nut stomps Republicans night after night.

What do you want a guy to say as he's sarcastically sucker punching dumb ass 'anti-immigrant-worker' politicians. His points all make sense, in five minutes or less.

Colbert may not be as poignant as Jon Stewart but he's consistently funny and satirically biting, while maintaining a moderate sensibility - something I have NEVER seen from any right-leaning entertainment personality.

So, my question is: Why is he a douche? Why f**k him? Answer one of those questions or shut the f**k up.

EDIT: Oh, dias. You want comedic balls? Watch Colbert speech at the Press Association dinner (or whatever it's officially called) that had President Bush in attendance. Colbert gained God like status after that... from anyone who wasn't a Bush d**k liker at the time.

• Members

Phfft, {censored} all you guys. Colbert is smart, witty, funny and carries a comedic character better than anyone else on T.V. Hate for him, on this forum, would not be a surprise considering the sheer volume of conservatives on this board and the fact that Colbert nut stomps Republicans night after night.

What do you want a guy to say as he's sarcastically sucker punching dumb ass 'anti-immigrant-worker' politicians. His points all make sense, in five minutes or less.

Colbert may not be as poignant as Jon Stewart but he's consistently funny and satirically biting, while maintaining a moderate sensibility - something I have NEVER seen from any right-leaning entertainment personality.

So, my question is: Why is he a douche? Why f**k him? Answer one of those questions or shut the f**k up.

Thanks for playing......:poke::cop:

• Members

First of all you are late to the party as always. Second of all, I am a conservative right winger and found his speech, while a joke, really brought some sense that neither side has fully expressed, and it did bring the lulz. Best quote ever "my great grandfather did not travel 4,000 miles across the Atlantic ocean to see this country overrun with immigrants. He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland"

• Members

First of all you are late to the party as always. Second of all, I am a conservative right winger and found his speech, while a joke, really brought some sense that neither side has fully expressed, and it did bring the lulz.
Best quote ever "my great grandfather did not travel 4,000 miles across the Atlantic ocean to see this country overrun with immigrants. He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland
"

I suppose that would be funnier if the point he was trying to make was comparing apples to apples.

• Members

Dude... that was pretty {censored}ing funny. I'm sorry.

It's lazy humor. Almost as bad as something you'd see on a bumper sticker. Meh. And in satirizing what he views as the conservative viewpoint, his point compares apples to oranges. If it were true that his great-grandfather came over from Ireland, he probably came over LEGALLY, passing through Ellis Island, or whatever. Entirely different from ILLEGAL immigration and it's associated problems.

• Members

It's lazy humor. Almost as bad as something you'd see on a bumper sticker. Meh. And in satirizing what he views as the conservative viewpoint, his point compares apples to oranges. If it were true that his great-grandfather came over from Ireland, he probably came over LEGALLY, passing through Ellis Island, or whatever. Entirely different from ILLEGAL immigration and it's associated problems.

What exactly is lazy humor? Would Steven Wright have been able to get the point across any better?

Butthurt Republican much? :lol:

• Members

Examples of lazy humor: Anything by Andrew Dice Clay. Anything by Will Ferrell. Stephen Colbert. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Ah lazy humor.. as in {censored} that's funny. Gotcha. When I look for funny I look for funny, not something deeply intellectual. Which if you want something more in that line Colbert is great. Witty as {censored}.

• Members

Ah lazy humor.. as in {censored} that's funny. Gotcha. When I look for funny I look for funny, not something deeply intellectual. Which if you want something more in that line Colbert is great. Witty as {censored}.

Meh. Carlin was funny. Richard Pryor was funny. Monty Python, collectively and in most cases, separately, was funny. Colbert, Ferrell, and Clay=not funny.

• Members

Meh. Carlin was funny. Richard Pryor was funny. Monty Python, collectively and in most cases, separately, was funny. Colbert, Ferrell, and Clay=not funny.

Carlin's my favorite comedian actually, but I don't limit my funny man. To say those you named aren't funny is just cheating yourself. Wasn't a big Clay fan though.

• Members

This.

The whole thing seems less funny because there is no laugh track/studio audience, and its not a place for comedy anyways. You can see some of the people trying not to crack up though. :lol:

• Members

Carlin's my favorite comedian actually, but I don't limit my funny man. To say those you named aren't funny is just cheating yourself. Wasn't a big Clay fan though.

Ferrell was funny the first time you saw him. But then you saw him in his next sketch, and later on, movie, and it was the same thig. Over and over. And over. And over. Very one dimensional.

Archived