In other news (Line 6 content)

Spizzledude

• Members

I haven't heard you mention the Snax lately, did I miss something?

Nothing to say. Still have it . Cranking through my Peavey MX VTW 130rms/30 watt tube power amp into Black Widow combo speaker, 212 cab with EV 12l and Celestion Sidewinder, and topped off with a three dollar tweeter. Excellent tones for the huge live sound.

That being said, the new Variax/hd500/Bogner appear to do some amazing things together. Technology moves on and I like being there with it.

• Members

that POD would be KILLER for a live rig, unfortunatly i have zero faith in anything line6 puts out and even less faith in anything Bogner does outside of the fantastic amps they make on the high end.

It's the rumors of what that pod thing does with the new amp. It's how they interact. Never been done stuff coming from what I have been reading.

• Members

If the amp technology in this new pod is on par with the FX stuff thats in the M9/M13, then it will be damn good sounding. When I had my M9 it did everything except for the drives perfectly.

According to a few that have played it , it is snax quality as far as feel and tones. The effects are m13 stuff or so I read.

• Members

According to a few that have played it
, it is snax quality as far as feel and tones. The effects are m13 stuff or so I read.

The skeptic in me immediately thinks "Meh, by people who do not own a snax, ergo opinion is as a valuable as a three dollar bill". I'm open to enlightenment tho. I genuinely hope the Pod500 is awesome, more toys for all of us = Good.

• Members

What is so special in the way they interact?

Apparently, and this is just rumor so far, the amp is a two channel all tube amp. You plug in the HD500 and you can switch to the modeled pre amps or the tube pre amp. Also, the power amp will adjust and reconfigure to the models being sent to it.

You will also get the effects then.

Of course it will also change the Variax which is new and improved as well.

• Members

Apparently, and this is just rumor so far, the amp is a two channel all tube amp. You plug in the HD500 and you can switch to the modeled pre amps or the tube pre amp. Also, the power amp will adjust and reconfigure to the models being sent to it.

You will also get the effects then.

Of course it will also change the Variax which is new and improved as well.

Wait, so if you just have the amp by itself, its not a modeler??

• Members

That's what I don't understand, the amp seems like a next gen flextone, or some kind of modeling amp by itself, why would you hook a modeler up to it?

P.S. - because of what the Line 6 marketing machine has brought us in the past, I'll keep my opinion to myself until I play one, but EVERYTHING they make is 'legendary' and 'a first', and a lot of their stuff isn't the greatest, so, I'll skip their marketing and let my ears decide what's what.

• Members

Hmm... I am interested in the 500 if the tones and feel are there... however, using an X3L Live was always a little iffy... never knew exactly how it would respond, etc... so if they fixed that with this amp... could be awesome... I'd love to hear a clip somewhere...

• Members

I've got a spider valve mark 1 and I hate it, no mids at all.

I also hate that every year it gets more obsolete like an old PC when a regular tube amp would have kept its value.

I also hate that I sort of want to hear the DT50 and new POD and a part of me is ready to fall for it all over again.

Archived