Gigantic oversized 2x12 cabs - Clip inside

Ron Burgandy

• Members

I was going for a bit bigger sound last night, so I plugged in to the 68 Bandmaster cab with some great results.

Was funny having the tiny little Tweaker on top, powering this beast, but :lol:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9686518

it's so much more massive sounding than normal 2x12's. Especially those {censored}ty Mesa horizontal 2x12's.

IMG_0021.jpg

• Members

Am i missing something, whats with the xmas tree in September?

Its because he is 3 months ahead of the curve...

or 9 months behind...:cop:

• Members

I have one of those, ginormous but very light actually. I've had it loaded with v30s, swamp thangs, and a mixture of both. Its always sounded huge, and i actually used to use it for gigging all the time, but that pretty much stopped when i got a g-flex.

I still have the stock Fender Utahs in there. They don't flinch no matter how much wattage I put on them.

• Members

I still have the stock Fender Utahs in there. They don't flinch no matter how much wattage I put on them.

Mine doesnt have the stock grill cloth or anything, but i bought it for $120 with 2 v30s in it, so the speakers alone were worth buying it. It sounded great when i used it and still does, the big internal volume gives it a great sound, but as we started aquiring an entire PA system and more equipment the huge ol bassman cab took up to much room in the van.

I still use it as a cab to test speakers in and it sits in the corner of my band room. Ive ofter thought of cutting a new baffle in it for 15s or the like, but i think ill just keep it as is.

Archived