No announcement yet.

The album that disappointed you most.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megadeth- RISK

This. In fact I was so disappointed, I forgot it existed.
    I've had one deal, it was with Magh8 and he's good people.

I'm not nOOb, I just suck...There's a difference.

Proud Member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Ibanez 540R
    Ibanez RG570
    Ibanez S320
    EVH Wolfgang Special
    Marshall JVM210h
    Egnater TM212
    Jet City JCA20h and 12s
    Blackstar HT20h
    Pedals, I have them

Comment

Subhuman Race has some epic jams on it
      Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
      Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
      Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
      ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

My favorite Pantera album! I thought their albums got progressively better. Then Phil left and kept getting better while Dime and Vinnie...........well .

Machine Head-The Blackening

The Blackening? Really? To each their own, but I LOVE that cd. For that band, I really thought that Supercharger was their low point.
        Originally Posted by jnurp

murdoch always brings teh lulz.

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

Also MurdochV wins thread.

Originally Posted by sleewell

Murdoch'd = when you think you have something funny to say only to hit post and that son of a bitch said it 10x funnier.

Comment

Really? METALLICA gave us over a decade worth of complete **************** before THE BLACK ALBUM, so its crappiness was hardly surprising enough to be disappointing.

fixed!

Comment

The Blackening? Really? To each their own, but I LOVE that cd. For that band, I really thought that Supercharger was their low point.

I agree to Supercharger too, but The Blackening didn't do anything for me either. Oh well...
            Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

god it was terrible, wasn't it? what an awful album.
              lefty playing lefty.

Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

Cows had thousands of years to develop shoulder fired assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenade launchers. We beat them to it, now they must pay.

Comment

Also;

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time

lulwat?
                If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

It doesn't exist. Really it doesn't.

When I was getting into Megadeth (relatively recently, yes I know, I'm like 25 years late) a friend suggested to not bother listening to it. I figured "How bad can it be?" Really really bad.
                  Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                  Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

lulwat?

Yeah. I said it. Somewhere in Time sucked.
                    "A ****************ing elephant is a miracle. If people can't see a ****************ing miracle in a ****************ing elephant, then life must suck for them, because an elephant is a ****************ing miracle. So is a giraffe." - Voilent J, Scholar and Poet

Comment

Queensryche - Hear in the Now Frontier
                      What a huge load of crap.

Then they put out an even worse album: Q2K. IMHO, easily the worst ever album of all time.

Now they're kind of a bad bar cover band version of themselves...

Megadeth - Risk deserves mention, too. What a pile of ****************.
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

I have to agree that anything after Ozzmosis for Ozzy is a bit disappointing. Ozzmosis was the last Ozzy album that I can play first to last and not get bored. Down to Earth isn't bad but not up to the standards I would expect. After that there is just like a couple songs per album worth listening to.
                        Guitars:Fender 50th Anniv. USA Ultra - Rickenbacker 360 - Gibson LP Trad. Mahogany Satin - PRS Std 22 - '13 Gibson SG Std - Fender MIM Strat (VG20 p'ups) - '78 Guild D40
                        Heads: Mesa Dual Rec (Rev. F) - Soldano Astroverb - Marshall JVM205 Combos:Swart AST - '75 Fender Vibro Champ - 3 Monkeys Sock Monkey

Comment

Really? I liked tripod ok. It's one of those albums that grew on me. It would have been hard for ANY of their albums to follow dirt, ya know?

I guess maybe that's the problem. After two straight records of the start-to-end golden WIN of Facelift & Dirt, they really had nowhere to go but down.

Tripod was just too slow & sludgy for the most part for me, there were a couple of exceptions, but it was just kinda boring to me overall.

King's X has suffered the same problem in recent years. Their records have been decent, but nowhere near the quality of their earlier material. It seems like most of the best songs Dug & Ty write end up on their respective solo records these days.
                          Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

wrong thread, lulz
                            lefty playing lefty.

Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

Cows had thousands of years to develop shoulder fired assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenade launchers. We beat them to it, now they must pay.

Comment

Wavering Radiant by ISIS.
                              "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

King's X has suffered the same problem in recent years. Their records have been decent, but nowhere near the quality of their earlier material. It seems like most of the best songs Dug & Ty write end up on their respective solo records these days.

Completely agree.
                                "A ****************ing elephant is a miracle. If people can't see a ****************ing miracle in a ****************ing elephant, then life must suck for them, because an elephant is a ****************ing miracle. So is a giraffe." - Voilent J, Scholar and Poet

Comment

Working...
                                X