Blackstar HT-Dual - Clippage

MattACaster

• Members

Was playing around with SSD last night and recorded a little riffage. Nothing impressive or anything.

This is the Blackstar HT-Dual recorded straight into my Alesis IO26. It's sounding kind of mid heavy on my speakers here and work. Not so much through my monitors at home.

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=user&value=therectified%40gmail.com

• Members

sounded good man. Those line 6 distortion pedals sound SOO good. I had the DistX and it was awesome but not quite what I was after.

One of the few pedals that doesn't SOUND like a stompbox distortion. It sounds like a legit preamp.

That exactly my feeling. Oddly enough, I think this sound better direct than it does through any of my amps.

• Members

I miss my HT-Dual sometimes.

It really sounds more like a preamp than a disto box. And holy crap does it sound great! The only issue I really had was that it tended to make everything sound the same. Regardless of the guitar/amp combo, it all sounded like HT-Dual.

That didn't really bother me THAT much, but it was a complaint. I'll own another one down the line, I'd imagine, it's a cool box.

• Members

Jumping on the clip bandwagon:

This is my tele into the HT-Dual into my computer. The clean/spanky parts and the heavy reverb'd lead is someone else (this was a forum jam) but the heavily overdriven parts/leads attached to those tracks and the rhythmic delay stuff at the end was all Tele->ht dual. Green channel on the left, I believe, Red channel on the right.

HCFX Forum Jam But yeah MattACaster is still a better guitar player than me

• Members

I miss my HT-Dual sometimes.

It really sounds more like a preamp than a disto box. And holy crap does it sound great! The only issue I really had was that it tended to make everything sound the same. Regardless of the guitar/amp combo, it all sounded like HT-Dual.

That didn't really bother me THAT much, but it was a complaint. I'll own another one down the line, I'd imagine, it's a cool box.

I'd agree that guitars didn't change the sound much, but I did get very different results playing the HT-dual into different amps/cabs.

Something about my triumph into t75's just hit all the right frequencies when using the ht-dual.

• Members

I use one through the low input of my 2204. I set the amp to clean, and use the green channel for Marshall type crunch. I can dial in the HT Dual to sound almost identical to my 2204 when it is cranked. Nice, cranked Marshall tone at house friendly levels! One thing I did was to replace the stock ax7 with an old Mullard. That helped quite a bit.

Archived