New AWESOME custom cab day! (Zilla Fatboy)

Nolly

• Members

Hey guys,

I just picked up a custom 2x12 made by Zilla cabs in London UK: Zilla Music Custom Cabinets.

I've played forum member Parka_Dez's Zilla oversized 4x12 before and was extremely impressed, then recently I bumped into Zilla guy Paul at a music show and got chatting with him. We started talking about how much of a pain in the arse 4x12s can be to carry around, which led Paul to explain about his Fatboy 2x12 design. As he explained it, due to its extra depth and height, the Fatboy can go toe-to-toe with a 4x12 with an extremely tight and big bottom end and very punchy response.

I was pretty shocked to find out his prices - only

• Members

HNCCD.

Been seriously thinking about getting a 2x12 for rehearsals/recording. These Zilla cabs are always on eBay and I've been looking at them more and more. They look really nice. I'd say as nice as any Mesa/Orange cab I've seen. This is now on my possible purchase list.

I'm sure once you break those speakers in, it'll all be good :)

• Members

It's cool man, it looks awesome. You shall post clips?

I've got envy. I want a nice 2x12 cab though. I can then have a mini rig of doom. A 2x12 and my 6505 would be great
:)

I'll definitely do clips, but I want to get the speakers broken in properly first :thu:

Archived