UUUGH!!! Other Guitar player Quit.

NixerX

• Members

So at practice Saturday we are listening to the final masters of the CD we just completed and my other guitar player dose the "Hey Guys I need to tell you something"

Poor bastid was in tears tellin' us he had to quit cause his heart wasn't in it. Lots of {censored} going on in his life. First kid due next month, new Job, add in band drama and its was just too much.

CSB

• Members
It might have been his mouth the words were coming out of, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts they were mostly his woman's words.
:o

Some men actually have a conscience :D
Newborn matters a lot to me, and it sounds like he was up front and no drama. Sucks about losing a bandmate, but it`s better to play with someone who really wants to do it :)

• Members

Thanks fellas. We are probably not going to replace him. Of course if the right guitarist / Keyboardist presents themselves then we will consider.

To further complicate things...we practices at his dad's so now all that {censored} has to make it to my house. Good thing I live in the woods :)

• Members

Been there. Played in band. Got divorced. My job schedule changed radically. I just couldn't do it anymore. I felt like I was holding the band back. Six months later the band was playing a private party. Invited me to sit in with them. Asked me to rejoin the band at the end of the night. Wound up back in the band for about another year until the band kind of fell apart because of everyones obligations. Adult-hood comes with obligations.

• Members
That sucks man, but it may end up working out for the better. It'll give you the opportunity to shred even harder!
:D

I'm the only guitar player in my band and I kinda like the freedom of it.

Im hoping so my shredding brother! Its really a matter of chops. I'm not saying our music is the most demanding stuff out there but it takes chops to play them and I think he was having to practice a lot to keep up. Looking forward I think he was a little overwhelmed.

The dude gets mad props from me. He gets to go out a bro and not a bitch!

Archived