X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a wah

I never really use them but I need one for some songs we're doing in my band. I need one that is really easy to use. It doesn't need to sound vintage, just be easy to use and sound cool.

Thanks,

Mike

"A ****************ing elephant is a miracle. If people can't see a ****************ing miracle in a ****************ing elephant, then life must suck for them, because an elephant is a ****************ing miracle. So is a giraffe." - Voilent J, Scholar and Poet

Comment

Bad Horsie II.

It sounds great for high gain stuff.

It's easy to use. When you start pivoting the pedal, it activates the pedal. When you take your foot off, it stops. (Actually, you can set the time it takes for the pedal to turn off from instantaneous to about 3 seconds.)
      Good deals with: the avenger, Zepsongs, BryanFTWL, gibbyshibby, marshmi, Ovid9, emptyparadigm, thesockmonster, Krunch79, VoodooChild24, espdna, StopReferencing, mhn433, NixerX, Mood Sphinx, itkindaworks, SomeDayRockstar, guller1, metz420(TGP)

Comment

In my opinion, after a certain point they all just sound different without one sounding better than another. You typical VOX pedal does fine.
        Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

Bad Horsie II.

It sounds great for high gain stuff.

It's easy to use. When you start pivoting the pedal, it activates the pedal. When you take your foot off, it stops. (Actually, you can set the time it takes for the pedal to turn off from instantaneous to about 3 seconds.)

This soudns like a cool idea. Thanks.

Comment

bad horsie or ibanez weeping demon.
            Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

I like the sound of crybabys or vox's BUT they are electric and on the floor and your feet ALWAYS get dirt in the pots and then they sound like scratchy noisy $H!+ . So lately Ive been using a morley wah. They are more sensitive to play but super quiet and theres even a version that automatically turns off the wah when you take off your foot! (More than once Ive ended a song with a wah and then forgot that baddog was still engaged-yukk).

Comment

I like the sound of crybabys or vox's BUT they are electric and on the floor and your feet ALWAYS get dirt in the pots and then they sound like scratchy noisy $H!+ . So lately Ive been using a morley wah. They are more sensitive to play but super quiet and theres even a version that automatically turns off the wah when you take off your foot! (More than once Ive ended a song with a wah and then forgot that baddog was still engaged-yukk).

I've never had that problem with my wahs, but then again, I actually clean my **************** from time to time.

My personal favorite, and I'm insanely picky about wahs...

Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

If you can find one of these
                  nothing better imho
                  Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST... -FZ-

Comment

If you can find one of these
                    nothing better imho

Maybe one of these?
                    Yamaha FGX720SCA
                    Fender Stratocaster
                    Mesa Express 5:25
                    Roland Micro Cube
                    Bikers and Bands
                    For entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Don't be a wahnker.
                      Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Or you can try living on the southside of Chicago on eight dollars a month and learn some real blues phrases.

YouTube • Soundclick

Comment

Clyde
                        www.mpdacrylics.com

www.bazoogle.com

Comment

still waiting to hear from soneone whether this is as good as it seems... let me rephrase that.. if it's as good as the price tag would indicate. I'm not sure I like how it takes a while for the wah to actually turn OFF after removing your foot.

Guitars
                          Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
                          Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

[QUOTE=Sheik_Yerbouti;41003411]I've never had that problem with my wahs, but then again, I actually clean my **************** from time to time. QUOTE]

Well maybe if my wahs stayed at home all the time they would never get dirt in the pots from static or never go microphonic and broadcast the local hillbilly auctions! My stuff is clean and the pedal board is in a road case but once your out and about $h!+ happens. I think the tremonti wah by morely is the one that disengages when you lift off.

Comment

Well maybe if my wahs stayed at home all the time they would never get dirt in the pots from static or never go microphonic and broadcast the local hillbilly auctions! My stuff is clean and the pedal board is in a road case but once your out and about $h!+ happens. I think the tremonti wah by morely is the one that disengages when you lift off.

Dude, for the better part of the past 8 years, until the last 6 months (because of my job) I've played out an average of at least 2-3 weekends a month and plenty of 3-4 night weeks. I've played a TON of outdoor gigs, too, so trust me, my ****************'s been "out and about" every bit as much as yours has and again, never ONCE had a problem with either my 535Q or my Budda.

Maybe I'm just luckier than you.
                              Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X