Came to a VERY sad realization.

Cougar Hunter

• Members

My instrumental rock duo is going to be playing some VERY quiet gigs in the near future

I need to rethink my rig, big time.

Not sure my Muff pedals and multiple 4x12's are going to sound so great at sub-talking levels.

damn coffee houses :(

I did the audition with my trayer ycv-40 at 8 oclock on the dial, and they told me it was too loud, and the guests couldn't order anything. (still got the gig though)

I seriously might be playing a Boss SE-50 through a fender champ 600. no joke :(

• Members

lots of good ideas here.

1. I'm thinking about just using my Barber Dirty Bomb since it still sounds good and big at low volumes.

2. I didn't even think about the 22Cal. Cool idea.

3. I also didn't think about how efficient that WGS BL80 probably is in my Traynor YCV 40.

great points, gentlemen.

• Members
Sell them a CD and call it a day?

It's about exposure and playing out though.

I've been singing and playing lame acoustic covers around here at bars for years. The gigs come to me:confused::confused:

but..............

I had no clue how hard it would be to get an instrumental, electric gig at high volumes though. :cry:

• Members
been there tried that. We had a handful of people that would follow us around (they were all musicians). apparently "normal" people just don't get instrumental stuff at all
:mad:

Well, the thing is, there's actually a post-rock scene around here, but my drummer and I are total outsiders (non-hipsters, no beards).:cry::cry::cry:

a couple of local groups with a following bring BIG talent to interesting, small venues.

El Ten Eleven played a pizza joint
Caspian played at the coffee house
This Will Destroy You and Lymbyc System played at a dance club
Arms and Sleepers played in a college lecture hall
Timbre played at an art gallery

Archived