No announcement yet.

Came to a VERY sad realization.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came to a VERY sad realization.

My instrumental rock duo is going to be playing some VERY quiet gigs in the near future

I need to rethink my rig, big time.

Not sure my Muff pedals and multiple 4x12's are going to sound so great at sub-talking levels.

damn coffee houses

I did the audition with my trayer ycv-40 at 8 oclock on the dial, and they told me it was too loud, and the guests couldn't order anything. (still got the gig though)

I seriously might be playing a Boss SE-50 through a fender champ 600. no joke
    BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
    Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

sorry to hear dude.....go black star ht-5 or vox actv4 with your muff. good tone and low vol.

Comment

if you are using a muff(s) for od then how about throwing one of those ehx 22 calibers on your board? then you could just bring pedalboard and a cab.

Comment

You need a 1x12 with an inefficient speaker in it.

Comment

Sell them a CD and call it a day?
          "A ****************ing elephant is a miracle. If people can't see a ****************ing miracle in a ****************ing elephant, then life must suck for them, because an elephant is a ****************ing miracle. So is a giraffe." - Voilent J, Scholar and Poet

Comment

lots of good ideas here.

1. I'm thinking about just using my Barber Dirty Bomb since it still sounds good and big at low volumes.

2. I didn't even think about the 22Cal. Cool idea.

3. I also didn't think about how efficient that WGS BL80 probably is in my Traynor YCV 40.

great points, gentlemen.

Comment

Sell them a CD and call it a day?

It's about exposure and playing out though.

I've been singing and playing lame acoustic covers around here at bars for years. The gigs come to me

but..............

I had no clue how hard it would be to get an instrumental, electric gig at high volumes though.

Comment

Mojo sent.
                Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

I had no clue how hard it would be to get an instrumental, electric gig at high volumes though.

been there tried that. We had a handful of people that would follow us around (they were all musicians). apparently "normal" people just don't get instrumental stuff at all

Comment

forgot about the eh 22 caliber...good idea, check out the 22 caliber eh modded by fja (i think) on youtube...sounds like a 5150

Comment

been there tried that. We had a handful of people that would follow us around (they were all musicians). apparently "normal" people just don't get instrumental stuff at all

Well, the thing is, there's actually a post-rock scene around here, but my drummer and I are total outsiders (non-hipsters, no beards).

a couple of local groups with a following bring BIG talent to interesting, small venues.

El Ten Eleven played a pizza joint
                      Caspian played at the coffee house
                      This Will Destroy You and Lymbyc System played at a dance club
                      Arms and Sleepers played in a college lecture hall
                      Timbre played at an art gallery

Comment

put a volume pedal in the fx loop. problem solved.
                        Guitars
                        Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
                        Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

time for that new line6 floor thing

Comment

Play outside the venue, loud enough that you can hear it at a moderate volume inside.
                            http://soundcloud.com/hugespiders

Comment

Play outside the venue, loud enough that you can hear it at a moderate volume inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X