amp for blues/jazz

Holy-diver

• Members

My friend is looking for a new amp. Styles that are most important are "a fat bluesy tone, jazz, and also classic rock and rockabilly"

Feel free too recommend anything, but a decent price range would be cool. He wants to upgrade his fender, its some sea green fender tube amp, its like 40 or 60 watts, idk what model, not a hr.

• Members

What does he not like about his current amp?

I think Blues Jr, Peavey Delta Blues, etc... might be of his interest as well...

Jazz is normally played on super clean amps while Blues usually requires some nice warm tones with sometimes a little dirt as well.

That being said if he wants to upgrade his 40 - 60 Watt tube amp, the Blues Jr. or the Delta might be considered a downgrade. I would really like to know what he's playing right now.

• Members

What does he not like about his current amp?

I think Blues Jr,
Peavey Delta Blues
, etc... might be of his interest as well...

Jazz is normally played on super clean amps while Blues usually requires some nice warm tones with sometimes a little dirt as well.

That being said if he wants to upgrade his 40 - 60 Watt tube amp, the Blues Jr. or the Delta might be considered a downgrade. I would really like to know what he's playing right now.

there are few, if any, more "blues" amps than this.

even if you don't do blues music, the Peavey Delta Blues amps are f#$n killer amps regardless.................:thu:

Archived