JETS de la nuevo york

Nazgul6

• Members

I was watching it as well and thought it was just silly

What about heritage night for other nationalities and cultures? I know its Southern Flordia (heavy spanish population) but what about the DOZENS of other cultures? Im not trolling but making a point!

Overall I just think its silly --- lets celebrate ALL nationalities and ethnicities in humanity/mankind, especially since we are all in the melting pot called America. hows that idea?

:idea:

Oooo and Enrique Engliasas halftime performance? I think i could be his drummer!

:facepalm:

• Members

The NFL has made no secret of the fact that they are thrilled that Mark Sanchez landed in NY because it gives them a hispanic QB (the highest profile position) in the highest profile market. Right now one of the few demographics in the US that the NFL hasn't tapped into the hispanic market. They're going to take every opportunity they get to market the hell out of Sanchez to the hispanic crown in hopes of getting a foothold in that demographic. They know that they'll never be more popular than soccer with that demographic, but they want to at least be second to soccer, whereas right now the majority of hispanics that follow football are the ones who were born here in the states. The hope is that the NFL can get some of the rest of the hispanic population interested by virtue of Sanchez being hispanic.

It's a sport, but it's also a billion dollar business......

• Members

The NFL has made no secret of the fact that they are thrilled that Mark Sanchez landed in NY because it gives them a hispanic QB (the highest profile position) in the highest profile market. Right now one of the few demographics in the US that the NFL hasn't tapped into the hispanic market. They're going to take every opportunity they get to market the hell out of Sanchez to the hispanic crown in hopes of getting a foothold in that demographic. They know that they'll never be more popular than soccer with that demographic, but they want to at least be second to soccer, whereas right now the majority of hispanics that follow football are the ones who were born here in the states. The hope is that the NFL can get some of the rest of the hispanic population interested by virtue of Sanchez being hispanic.

MLB has that covered :cop:

• Members

Mark Sanchez--third generation born in America. Took classes as a Junior in college to enable him to communicate in Spanish without an interpreter.

Archived