Speaker for Ampeg V series?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker for Ampeg V series?

If you were to run a V series Ampeg through one speaker, what would it be? Why?
    My music: charlatansounds.com

If you're looking to tame it a high powered lower efficiency speaker. If you're looking to get the most out of it, but in a lighter weight a high powered high efficiency speaker, Fane AXA12 comes to mind.
    Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

One speaker? With the V series they seemed to be going for a Fender vibe all be it a more versatile vibe. I would (and have thought about converting one of my VT40's to) go with an 15" possibly a Weber NeoMag (JBL'esque).

Have you heard one of those 15s in person? They sound like a good idea, but I've got no experience with them.

Swamp Thangs or G12-65 maybe?

I was just hoping for the previous.
            He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)