YT: Fortin Natas - Metal

Texassranger

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds great. Sounds like a cross between a 5150 and a Savage. Though, to be honest, it doesn't differentiate itself enough to justify it's steep price tag. Maybe it was just the way you had it dialed up, and there are many more tones available.

• Members

Sounds great. Sounds like a cross between a 5150 and a Savage. Though, to be honest, it doesn't differentiate itself enough to justify it's steep price tag. Maybe it was just the way you had it dialed up, and there are many more tones available.

That's kinda what I'm saying. It sounds great, but no better than the clips of the sub-$2K Mesa he's posted, IMO. Certainly not enough to justify the considerable price difference to me.

Cool amp, though! :thu:

• Members

That's kinda what I'm saying. It sounds great, but no better than the clips of the sub-$2K Mesa he's posted, IMO. Certainly not enough to justify the considerable price difference to me.

Cool amp, though!
:thu:

When you buy an amp, it's not for any one sound it produces. Yes, if an amp is versatile and doesn't produce the best sound you've ever heard, you won't consider it as heavily.

At the same time, if you don't play an amp to get the character enough to realize you can get the flavour you want out of it, gas stays just gas. That one best sound does usually sell an amp and the quality of all the rest of the tones doesn't usually become apparent until after you play it yourself.

• Members

Cool amp, though!

BUT this session right here I drove on my lunch break to the studio and fired everything up and recorded in 10 minutes. Then I drove back to work.

So not to much time to tweak and set a sound for my production.

So this video doesn't do the Natas justice. If you guys were to stand in the same room and listen to it roar you would probably {censored} your pants and never even consider getting a Mesa Road king ever.

• Members

Cool amp, though!

+1

this guy rules and has awesome chops but theres nothing new this amp is doing despite what another forum might tell you ;)

seriously the day someone nails the demanufacture tone in an amp theres cause for celebration

• Members

+1

this guy rules and has awesome chops but theres nothing new this amp is doing despite what another forum might tell you
;)

seriously the day someone nails the demanufacture tone in an amp theres cause for celebration

x

• Members

I understand your apprehension, but this amp certainly does cover new ground. Most of the guys who played it, which are relatively few at this point, feel the same way.

You speak of this amp doing nothing new, yet you reference a tone that is 15 years old.
:facepalm:

yep....a tone that is 15 years old that STILL hasn't been matched :thu:

and believe me I put very little stock in 'most of the guys' that played it :lol:

• Members

This sounds badass!!

If I were to hear this clip on its own, I dont think its different enough to justify a 3800 dollar price tag. All of your clips sound badass, but the differences between amps is minimal. But, this with the other clips Ive heard of it having me gassing so {censored}ing bad for this amp right now lol.

• Members

All Fortin amps have this hollow metallic "controlled fizz" tone that you either like or you don't. Personally I don't like it for what I do but I can definitely say for that tone the Fortin does it best..I sure as hell wouldn't pay the amount of money they want for such a sound..but whatever works for ya.

Archived