motor city pickups.

brian_ward

• Members

got an afwayu bridge in my jp6 and really like it. not too mean, not too soft, no too thick, not too bright... etc.

a good well rounded hard rock pickup

I also have the detroiter that I ordered to go in the neck of the jp6 but it was too hot vs the afwayu to work well so it came out and is just chilling in my parts box for the time being.

• Members

I had the Awfayu. Nice pickup it's basically model after the JB except that it has better clarity and doesn't have the high end bite. Although, IMO it falls short of the core sound of JB that I like and it's a dry sounding pickup. Other than that it's like anything else, it's base on what you like in a pickup.

• Members

Ive been using Motor City Hellbabies. They replaced my painkillers and my BG hellarail. They are my perfect pup. Unfortunately, they are discontinued. I really wanna try some afwayus...

I was using MC Hellbabies, but my Afwayus replaced them.:poke: :lol:

• Members

I love my afwayu/2nd degree black belt set, but now that I've been practicing a lot with the band, I'm finding the afwayu way too dark and bassy for my main les paul

I'll replace it with a BK cold sweat or riff raff from my other guitars and move the MCP's to a secondary guitar

the other guitarist's miracle man is kicking my ass

• Members

I love my afwayu/2nd degree black belt set, but now that I've been practicing a lot with the band, I'm finding the afwayu way too dark and bassy for my main les paul

I'll replace it with a BK cold sweat or riff raff from my other guitars and move the MCP's to a secondary guitar

the other guitarist's miracle man is kicking my ass

thats my thread youve been responding to over at the bkp board. i just dont know what to do.

• Members

what didnt you like about the ones you tried (which ones did you try?)?

Tried a Solution and 2 different afwayu's, They have a fuzzy edge to them that is hard to explain

My BK Nailbombs don't have that, but then it all comes down to taste and what you play through, I'm using a VHT Sig-X and a 6505+

When palm muting I can hear this overtone I don't like in the MC pickups, I even tried it in diferent guitars to make sure it wasn't my RR24 that was the problem

Also I ordered mine with black covers and I didn't get them

Wade said he would send it later and never did, plus it took 10-11 weeks total to get these different pickups

Tim at BK sent my the wrong pup the first time and had a new one to me in a week and a half

I guess I just had a bad time with MC, I have a BG hellabucker on order so we will see how that works:thu:

Archived