Who says a stock Tele can't get heavy? You be the judge

Ron Burgandy

• Members

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9753269

I was listening to Wolfmother on the way to practice, so excuse the opening because I don't know the song at all and basically just made a 1/2 ass attempt to play it from memory.

All stock Tele -> Way Huge Swollen Pickle -> Jet City JCA2112RC completely stock

I spliced various examples of this rig together. I never touched the settings of any of it... just used my guitar volume and tone knobs to change things up. I think the cleans are more than passable in a live situation. Not pristine, but neither is my playing. :D

• Members

I never said that! If you wanna hear my take on the Tele-Br00tz, then Police Bastard's myspace link is in my Sig. My guitar is on the right.

God Off, The Lie, Erosion and Born To Die were all stock Baja tele into a Tubescreamer and Mesa RK/Recto 4x12. My guitar is on the left, and just single tracked! :thu:

• Members

Great tones indeed! Gotta love that twang sneaking up on your heavy riffing! Most guys I know hate it, I love it to death.

I remember tuning down my Peavey Reactor to C# and played Sabbath tunes on my ss Fender Deluxe 112 Plus. If I can make it sound good on that, I could've just imagine the sound of an actual Tele through my existing tube amps.

Archived