FOUND THE DUMBLE SCHEMATIC 183!

dunning-kruger

• Members

{censored}.

oh {censored} sorry guys i guese you have to be members of ampgarage.com to see that info. um i dont know what to say.

^yeah i know but everyone on ampgarage seems to know there {censored}. so im going to go out on a limb and say there the most accurate ones schematics of a dumble i can get. especially knowing this is the same dumble clone schematics TAG has and is being used by quin amps.

so if these are in fact pretty alright schems wich im sure they are brought to us by quinamps..... can i make the 100 watt version with these same schems?

• Members

im a dumb dumb...the scematics show 4 el34. so its already 100 watts.

^im sorry not trainwreck fan at all. a friend of mine is so eagre to start making an amp....he just wants me to choose wich amp to make.

he has already heard me play and he really likes what i can do so he really wants to make me an amplifier. its crazy i know. see boys n girls good playing and skill pay of.

• Members

Take pictures and start a build thread but the HC DIY forum is a far better environment for a build thread, than the Amp forum.

will do we are going to meet up this weekend to discuss the build. thanks for being such a big help man wouldnt come this far without you 6l6GC.

hopefully by next febuary im roaring like a lion on a this dumble build.

i wanted to make something interesting not something i can just find on craigslist for 300$ or 500$.

this is it.

^whats the diffrence.

• Members

^awesome.

alright ive just been going back and forth between 100 and 50 versions.

and i think i like the 50 better its alot sweeter than the 100 really. the 100 needs to be pushed to get that sweet spot.

alright this is much better than the quin one looks simpler to....and i think im going to use 6l6 instead of el34.

el34 is to flabby for my taste.

• Members

will do we are going to meet up this weekend to discuss the build. thanks for being such a big help man wouldnt come this far without you 6l6GC.

hopefully by next febuary im roaring like a lion on a this dumble build.

i wanted to make something interesting not something i can just find on craigslist for 300$ or 500$.

this is it.

^whats the diffrence.

It's good to see you have selected the amp you want to build. I heard a few clips recently myself from a Dumble and I like the "Geezer" tone of the amp at least what I was tell from the clip.

Make sure you build from a schematic and don't allow yourself to be influnced by some other persons "layout" because they are two different things, make your own layout instead. Kit's often come withlayouts but you are not restricted to a kit since your friend knows what he is doing.

Good luck...

• Members

this whole times ive been listening to clips of the 100 version thinking it was the 50 watt version.

sorry but can you please send me the 100 watt version please.

When are you going to strat building? It'll take about a week to get all the parts together unless you go with a kit.

I just folded the chassis for my current build in progress this afternoon from .080 Aluminum. I am going to start assembly in a few days.

Good luck on your build.

• Members

yeah!

thanks man i think i was looking to make a modified xxx since its already a well known amp and i bet theres so many mods on the web for it or similar mods that other amps have that i could aply to it.

but then i heard you mention dumble or something and i looked it up and i feel in love. ive heard things about dumble hear and there, but never new what it was.

I think one time i looked it up when i was 16 and some stupid annoying guy was advertising it or something. WOW.

I gees that fat guy in the background is dumble.

i was really turned off when i heard this and said "wow thats a dumblewafle"....that sounds like crap and quickly threw it into the memory hole.

but i looked up a clip when i heard it got mentioned and was like "wow thats a dumble!!!!!!!"

now im torn between the HRM 100 bluesmaster and the 100 OTS S&M.

do you know what the diffrence is im leaning more towards the HRM bluesmaster.....what do you guys think.

• Members

I didn't realize exactly what the situation was, didn't think he'd actually try to tackle the Dumble.

Why not?

As long as you have a schematic you can build almost anything. What I don't like is that all I see is layouts and no schematics. I did see several Trainwrecks but wasn't impressed, but at least there are some (redrawn) schematics floating around.

What have you built? Scratch or kit? Just curious about your perspective...

• Members

I havent built anything....my friend builds amps and stuff like that because he is an audiophile and runs everything on his own homemade tube amps.

he has never made a guitar amp tough...he just wants to make one because he knows im enthusiaistic about playin guitar and he thinks im really good...ahhahahhahaha...i geese. + he loves building stuff.

i think im going to get the HRM 100 bluesmaster its just dead on SRV tone and claptone for days. i just cant pass that up.

whats the diffrence between layout and schematics?

i cant find anything on the HRM 100 bluesmaster.

• Members

yeah!

thanks man i think i was looking to make a modified xxx since its already a well known amp and i bet theres so many mods on the web for it or similar mods that other amps have that i could aply to it.

but then i heard you mention dumble or something and i looked it up and i feel in love. ive heard things about dumble hear and there, but never new what it was.

I think one time i looked it up when i was 16 and some stupid annoying guy was advertising it or something. WOW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1qCczGgSxw&feature=related

I gees that fat guy in the background is dumble.

i was really turned off when i heard this and said "wow thats a dumblewafle"....that sounds like crap and quickly threw it into the memory hole.

but i looked up a clip when i heard it got mentioned and was like
"wow thats a dumble!!!!!!!"

now im torn between the HRM 100 bluesmaster and the 100 OTS S&M.

do you know what the diffrence is im leaning more towards the HRM bluesmaster.....what do you guys think.

I'm glad I watched that video. :thu:

I really thought I sucked at guitar but that guy with the Strat takes suck to a new level.

Archived