X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a boost please

Thinking about getting a boost pedal and i've never used or tried one...well as a boost anyway. This is kinda new for me because I don't really like having pedals or effects because I always spend more time tweeking then playing, but i'm interested to see what results i'll get so i'm gonna give in and get one. I've been checking out the Fulltone GT500 because it has bass and treble controls. Also, does the Metal Muff work well as a boost? Will I notice much difference if all I use is a $40 DS1?
    AMPS
    Titan, Custom
    VHT Deliverance 120
    ENGL Savage 120
    Vox AD15VT
    2 RANDALL XL 4x12 cabs
    GUITARS(LEFTY)
    ESP Viper standard
    AGILE Inteceptor 7
    RAVEN WEST SP650
    Fender Strat
    Fender acoustic

The Deliverance sounds great with a clean boost. I recommend a RC Booster if you have the $$$. If not, then try a Boss or Dano EQ.

Comment

I've heard alot of good things about the RC Booster, i'll definitely check it out.
      AMPS
      Titan, Custom
      VHT Deliverance 120
      ENGL Savage 120
      Vox AD15VT
      2 RANDALL XL 4x12 cabs
      GUITARS(LEFTY)
      ESP Viper standard
      AGILE Inteceptor 7
      RAVEN WEST SP650
      Fender Strat
      Fender acoustic

Comment

Love mine

http://www.jhspedals.com/JHS_Pedals/klon_klon.html

At $275, it's not cheap but what it does with the sound is nothing short of miraculous.

I wasn't overly impressed with the GT500 or fulldrive 2.

what are you wanting out of the pedal?

More gain, clean boost, tighter bass, more mids, etc?
        Guitars
        Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
        Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Maxon OD808
          Mesa Triple Recto
          Marshall 2203 Clone
          Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

i have a bb pre in the spam thread,
            " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

Love mine

At $275, it's not cheap but what it does with the sound is nothing short of miraculous.

I'm not sure exactly. I've been liking what i'm hearing in clips, I don't know if it's the tightening of anything or the pushing of the preamp that I seem to be digging. Though I woulnd't mind a little more bass in some of my amps...I like alot of mid and treble but I don't like it when it's overpowering and takes from the depth of the chugging. Mostly i'll be experementing and would rather get a good boost right off the bat.
              AMPS
              Titan, Custom
              VHT Deliverance 120
              ENGL Savage 120
              Vox AD15VT
              2 RANDALL XL 4x12 cabs
              GUITARS(LEFTY)
              ESP Viper standard
              AGILE Inteceptor 7
              RAVEN WEST SP650
              Fender Strat
              Fender acoustic

Comment

The Deliverance sounds great with a clean boost. I recommend a RC Booster if you have the $$$. If not, then try a Boss or Dano EQ.

This. The RC is amazing.
                Gear:Charvel San Dimas Pink Panther w/ Screamin Demon and Custom CustomGibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMGsGibson Flying V w/ Duncan DistortionsFender MIM Strat w/ Texas Specials and PAF ProJackson RR-5 w/ Duncan JBsEpiphone Les Paul Classic w/ EMGSFender HM Strat w/ DiMarzio Evolution, YJM and Air Norton SSterling JP50 w/ Crunch Lab and LiquifireENGL Powerball v2Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier TremoverbMesa/Boogie 2x12Mesa/Boogie Recto 4x12

Comment

Love mine

Why did this link spaz out on me?

Comment

woah never seen the link do that!

no idea.

I have josh @ jhs's email if you want more details.

The klon pushes, tightens a little and can add a lot of gain or jsut a clean boost. It sweetens something in the mids.. can't really describe it but there's something going on.
                    Guitars
                    Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
                    Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

EVERYONE could use a Tubescreamer of some type in their arsenal IMO.
                      Current Gear
                      ESP/Fender >> Blackstar/Randall >> Randall/Mesa

Tully's Shop - Excellent Luthier work and Custom Guitars in the Chicago area

Comment

So far, the BB Preamp MB is the best I've used. It has three EQ knobs, 24 dB (or is it 30?) of clean boost, and lots of nice dirt if you want it. Very versatile. Easily beats all the boosts I've tried.

I still keep a Tubescreamer, though, because I prefer it for certain applications. (E.g., fuzz --> tubescreamer --> clean amp.)
                        Good deals with: the avenger, Zepsongs, BryanFTWL, gibbyshibby, marshmi, Ovid9, emptyparadigm, thesockmonster, Krunch79, VoodooChild24, espdna, StopReferencing, mhn433, NixerX, Mood Sphinx, itkindaworks, SomeDayRockstar, guller1, metz420(TGP)

Comment

would the OCD be considered a boost?

Comment

would the OCD be considered a boost?

Sure, it can be used as a boost. In general, any OD pedal counts as a boost.

To OP, FWIW, I think the BB MB is much better than the OCD both as a boost as and if you use it for dirt.
                            Good deals with: the avenger, Zepsongs, BryanFTWL, gibbyshibby, marshmi, Ovid9, emptyparadigm, thesockmonster, Krunch79, VoodooChild24, espdna, StopReferencing, mhn433, NixerX, Mood Sphinx, itkindaworks, SomeDayRockstar, guller1, metz420(TGP)

Comment

I've had pretty good success with my Krank Krankshaft.
                              PRS SE
                              ESP LTD MH400NT
                              ESP LTD EC50
                              Peavey 6505+ 112 (used as head)
                              White Box 212 w/ Swamp Thangs (ordered)
                              Krank Rev SST 412
                              Mesa Recto 212 w/ Swamp Thang/Vet 30
                              MXR 108
                              Krank Krankshaft

Punk/Rock/Ska/Folk

Comment

Working...