UPS haters thread! lets here the stories.

gtrplr71

• Members

I won a Bassman head and 2 x 15" matching cab off ebay about 7 years ago. Had it sent to my business address, so I would be there when it was delivered. I see the UPS truck pull up to the office from the far back of the yard. Driver is rolling the cab off the truck end over end. When it gets to the rear of the truck, he just flopped it on the asphalt parking lot, about a 3 foot drop. Hits so hard it breaks the speaker baffle in between the JBL D-140's. Lucky for him, I was unarmed. Anyway, I put in a claim that was never settled. My drummer has a woodworking shop, so we just made a new one. The double box and bubble wrap saved it from any other damage. I don't know how the head survived, but it worked fine.

• Members

I used to have problems with UPS. But lately all is good. I have a regular driver who loves my dogs and they love her. She handles my stuff with xtra care. BTW she's extremely hawt and I'd love it if she'd handle my personal "stuff".......

• Members

A few years ago I ordered a cheap rack tuner for my buddy, 10 packs of strings and a bag of 72 picks. The shipping log shows the package was damaged and sent back to MF. Later that evening there's a box the size of an old tv on my porch. Inside is the tuner in it's box and nothing else. No packing materials, foam, bubble wrap, just a tuner box swimming in a larger box. The next day I got a pile of strings in something the size of a plastic bag from the grocery store. It all got taken care of, but what a PITA from OOPS...I mean UPS.

• Members

Let's see...

there was the time that the package sat untouched in their warehouse only 2 hours or so from me, for 3 weekdays.

Also my bro-in-law was sending a document to a customer, we only needed to send it via ground as they live in a city close enough that it would get there the next day, no matter what. He doesn't know any better, so he paid the bill. He gets back with the receipt and I'm like, you know they charged you for overnight.

So I called them less than 30 minutes after he was there (this is the actual UPS facility, as it's less than a mile from our office) and they tell me, it's already on a truck, nothing we can do.

I've had several friends and family members work at UPS (this specific facility no less), and I know that's a lie.

Plus I refuse to use them as they are never as punctual as FedEx, and they charge more (as much as double sometimes).

Screw UPS, I don't need them.

• Members
I just sent out 2 packages today. One was 73 lbs to PA and the other was 23 lbs to MT and they were the SAME DAMN PRICE.
:mad:
I lost some profit on the lighter one. man, I don't know how MF and others offer free shipping.

volume shiping

• Members

my last guitar was left on my stoop in the rain. i have a 2nd floor patio over my driveway a mere 5 feet away that easily could have provided cover and been a lot more inconspicuous than my uncovered front door stoop. luckily i got home within 20 minutes and it really hadn't started raining yet but it really could have gotten soaked and someone really would've gotten a real beat down.

requesting anything but ups from now on.

• Members

Ok, well a few years back I sold a nice vintage Tweed Vibrolux to a guy somewhere way up in the Northeast(I'm in Texas). Our agreement was I'd ship it COD via UPS and the cash collection would be done through UPS. It was just how alot of transactions were being done then. Well, the UPS driver allowed the "buyer" to rip open the box, extract the amp, and then decide he didn't want it. I had spent about $70 shipping the amp with full insurance and very well packed. The UPS policy for C.O.D. was to transfer goods only after the receipt of payment. The amp was returned to me in a destroyed box, damaged, and me out the cash of shipping. I called UPS customer service endlessly and was only ever given the run around till I "gave up."

If the "buyer" would have communicated with me, I would have worked with him regarding his concerns about the amp. I may have even gone ahead and allowed a return. But that UPS idiot allowed the buyer to open and try out first. That has always burned me up, especially that the corporate decision makers would do nothing 'cause they "cannot be responsible for the actions of their drivers." WTF!!!

I try not to use them, but what can you do in today's world?

my rant, JG

• Members

last year i bought a mesa boogie 1x12 combo used off of guitar center, it had to ship from chicago to utah. It ended up being 90 pounds when it was all packed up, It took 14! days to ship it to my house. It was suppose to be 5-7 first off all, then i finally get a knock on my door, i go outside and notice the box is smashed to hell but didn't have any holes in it, so i figured it was fine. When i got inside and pulled it out of the box the top right hand corner had been split clean through from the back to the front. Guitar Center sent me before pictures and i took many after pictures, Guitar Center was very good with contact but wasn't willing to pay for any of the damage, neither was UPS, they said that the pictures we sent them were not definitive proof that they broke the cab and were not responsible for any of the repair costs. i Finally had to tell G.C that i'd ship it back and get a refund if something didn't happen, they finally bit the bullet and bought a new cab, but the entire process from when i first bought it until i actually received the damn combo was over 6 months.

• Members

I have never had problems with UPS. I also have had all safe deliveries from FedEx. However, Fedex did deliver an amp to my house last week. It was a rainy day. They covered it in plastic but there will still gaps in the plastic. They left the box standing upright on a bench right near my side door (instead of laying it down or putting it on the ground). There is a covered area of my deck right near that side door and our front entrance is covered also. Luckily there was no damage but that is some lazy {censored}. Had I not seen the amp sooner, rain would have soaked into the box.

• Members

When I was in school (80-83), I worked for UPS.
THE WORST JOB IN THE WORLD!
I thought slavery was over ?????
UPS employs a "whip & chair" work ethic.
The UPS matra:"arbeit macht frei".
To this day I curse EVERY UPS vehicle I see.
Generally speaking: UPS can kiss the blackest part of my ass.

Archived