Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What causes a Kidney stone?

A friend of mine has one, she said coffee & tea can cause one, is that true?

I looked up wiki, but not much help.
    I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

eating stones
    the world is one big fist fight.

Originally Posted by duncan

I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.

Originally Posted by Rear Naked

I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

Comment

A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
      I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+causes+kidney+stones%3F

A friend of mine has one, she said coffee & tea can cause one, is that true?

I looked up wiki, but not much help.
        GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

LOL, that website never gets old.
          amps
          Engl fireball
          ht-20 combo
          blackstar HT-5
          Peavey Classic 50H
          Baez 100 something
          cabs
          engl slant (V30 one)
          marshall 1960a
          classic 4x12 tweed
          E-tone 1x12
          Baez 4x12
          guitars
          Shecter Blackjack 08
          Schecter Classic Blue
          Schecter Elite vintage white
          LTD M-302 natural finish
          my vids of shred
          http://www.youtube.com/user/gtjumper

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+causes+kidney+stones%3F

Cute, but i'm looking for first hand expierience.

Comment

Listening to I can't get no satisfaction repeatedly.
              Originally Posted by thinkpad20

Then why'd you make this thread?

Originally Posted by Stevenexp

Originally Posted by The Scorpion

No, everybody is going to pretend I never made this thread.

Bump.

Comment

Comment

You touching yourself at night.
                  Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

http://www.webmd.com/kidney-stones/default.htm

Comment

i think it has something to do with how your body assimilates calcium or other minerals- usually bad diets seem to aggravate them. i think coffee and tea are old scapegoats- but mostly it has to do with being chronically dehydrated- which is certainly assisted by caffeinated beverages... you just have to have a high sodium diet already to crystallized the **************** in your kidneys.. but i ain't a doctor..

Comment

Ever mixed salt solutions in chemistry class ?
                        Often they'd form 2 new salts. And in some cases one will remain a solution and the other will become a solid and fall down to the bottom of the test tube.
                        So when you get 2 different salts in your bloodstream, this may occur. The kidneys filter the stuff out of your blood. You should pee it all out, but some of it might stay behind inside the kidney, and build up over time, creating pallets of salts, or stones if you will.
                        Passing one can be one of the most painfull things you can experience.
                        There are food supplements available that'll reduce this build-up in your kidneys, and may even prevent it all together.

I'm not a doctor either. But this is how I came to understand how it happens.
                        m/ Gear: Epiphone Les Paul Custom, '86 MIJ Squier Strat, Chapman Guitars ML-2, Faith Venus High Gloss, Laney L5T-112. m/

Comment

I have suffered from kidney stones for the last 20 years. I get them in the summer, and it is my understanding that it is mostly an individual trait....some folks get stones some don't.

For some it is so problematic they are on dissability, they get so many stones they cannot function. I have been lucky (knock on wood) I haven't had a stone episode in 2 years.

Very painful, in fact when I feel a stone moving....I go immietedly to the emergency room, I don't wait until I am doubled over in pain, and then the dilaudid

I have heard that controlling diet can help one to avoid stone formation, but that never worked for me, and all of the people I know who suffer from this problem are the same way, genetics.

One thing keep moving, this type of pain is made worse when you try and be still, take the pain pills they give you until the stone has passed and keep doing your normal routine as much as possible.
                          Jesus is Lord
                          May God bless us all

"When dictators come to power, the first thing they do is take away the people's weapons.
                          It makes it so much easier for the secret police to operate, it makes it so much easier to force
                          the will of the ruler upon the ruled." -- Ronald Reagan, GUNS & AMMO September 1975

Comment

They hurt like hell. I thought I had a hernia at one time and it turned out to be a stone. And it is genetic trait.

Nothing says "happy 18th" like waking up in the emergency room.
                            ...^excuse the apathy^...

SPAM & EGGS

Do you has?:

FS/T: AX84 SEL kit build. KT88, upgraded premium Sprague filter capacitors.

FS/T: Maxon U-1000 pickups, alnico II. Japanese T-tops/PAFs.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Life gets boring with a rig that can kill small children???

Originally Posted by Help!I'maRock!

The only thing i get is the "why do you need more gear" line. I ask her why she needs more shoes, and the subject is quickly dropped.

Comment

A lot has to do with your body chemistry and how it excretes various minerals (particularly calcium and oxalic acid, but also phosphate, uric acid, and the amino acid cysteine). Some people are just "stone makers", and no matter how many times you remove them they make more.

Diet plays a role as well for some people (if you are predisposed to having stones you should avoid certain foods), and various metabolic disorders (hypercalcaemia, hyperuricaemia, cysteinuria, and renal tubular acidosis to name but a few) can cause stones, but for the vast majority of people no good reason is found.

If you have them once though you'll probably have them again.
                              Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

strtdv has wisdom.

Originally Posted by Tralfaz

Oh crap. The key just cae loose off y laptop keyboard.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm Okay, it's fixed now.

LANEY POSSE .................................................. ..... Good deals with: bennyg85, gambit, jo_to_2, Free the Guilty, woolyh
                              ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

Comment

Working...
                              X