Do you practice standing or sitting?

gsxrbusa

• Members

I always play standing. Practice or not I am always standing while bringing the pain that is my guitar playing. :rolleyes:

My point to this is Killzone and I were having a conversation about playing "V" shaped guitars. I own one and play it standing up. He was bitchin about how uncomfortable it is to play sitting down................................I told him to stand up. :idea::lol:

Besides, one day you might be forced to play standing up. :lol:

• Members

Mostly while sitting, but I tend to move around alot which I suppose is good for real world playing one day?

I've started practicing a bit more standing up too since I haven't seen many bar bands play where the guitarist is sitting down....

• Members

I always play standing. Practice or not I am always standing while bringing the pain that is my guitar playing.
:rolleyes:

My point to this is Killzone and I were having a conversation about playing "V" shaped guitars. I own one and play it standing up. He was bitchin about how uncomfortable it is to play sitting down................................I told him to stand up.
:idea::lol:

Besides, one day you might be forced to play standing up.
:lol:

I practice sitting, but I come from a classical background.

Tell Cory the V was DESIGNED TO PLAY SITTING DOWN. It's true. You sit with the V straddling your right leg, and play upright in the classical position. This is why Randy Rhoads gravitated to them early on, as a classical guitar teacher. :poke::thu:

• Members
I practice sitting, but I come from a classical background.

Tell Cory the V was DESIGNED TO PLAY SITTING DOWN. It's true. You sit with the V straddling your right leg, and play upright in the classical position. This is why Randy Rhoads gravitated to them early on, as a classical guitar teacher. :poke:
:thu:

Interesting stuff Loop. I find that if I ever do have to sit and play a V at the same time I wedge the right wing under my right leg and it holds the guitar nicely. Almost as if it were on a stand of some sort. V shaped guitars also make nice lawn darts.

• Members
I always play standing. Practice or not I am always standing while bringing the pain that is my guitar playing.
:rolleyes:

My point to this is Killzone and I were having a conversation about playing "V" shaped guitars. I own one and play it standing up. He was bitchin about how uncomfortable it is to play sitting down................................I told him to stand up.
:idea::lol:

Besides, one day you might be forced to play standing up.
:lol:

Playing sitting w a V is very comfortable :idk:

• Members

Both. Your body is an entirely different shape when you stand as opposed to sitting. I find some neck shapes even make a difference. When sitting, I love the wizard necks and other thin ones. However for some reason, standing I prefer a thicker neck. I'm sure it's just something psychological, but I find this orientation less fatiguing, depending on what I'm doing.

I love playing my Jackson warrior standing up. The body shape and neck just work all over! Great guitar; so good in fact, I'm considering a USA made warrior.

Archived