No announcement yet.

Do you practice standing or sitting?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you practice standing or sitting?

I always play standing. Practice or not I am always standing while bringing the pain that is my guitar playing.

My point to this is Killzone and I were having a conversation about playing "V" shaped guitars. I own one and play it standing up. He was bitchin about how uncomfortable it is to play sitting down................................I told him to stand up.

Besides, one day you might be forced to play standing up.
    Originally Posted by BryanFTWL

I think that is the finest metal tone I have ever heard.

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

Now that's what I call brutal tone.

standing, always.
    Check out my clips at: www.soundclick.com/purplenurple

Originally Posted by RockStarBassist

You've pretty much just become my new Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. And you can sig that.

Originally Posted by richardcouch

mother ****************ing finish 1 mother ****************ing tune

Originally Posted by Murdoch

LAWL

nurp, you could jarsquat a wine barrel if it was filled with gear.

Originally Posted by abecon5

do me now. you are my kind of whore.

avoid at all costs: Jbrazz, Indianscout and Aporcelainsky

Comment

Both, standing is better.
      My Clips

http://www.suhrguitars.com/

Great transactions with: Ibenhad, Strongdoc (x2)

Comment

I always play standing up.
        My Youtube channel
        My reverbnation

Comment

I'm the lazy kind that sits down when practising. In the end not really good for playing with a band and gigging, something I have to get used to all the time. It sucks.

Comment

both, acoustic i sit and electric i stand. if you play live standing up you should practice that way.
            strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Both & always with a strap. I wear my guitar high enough that sitting down doesn't change the guitar's position.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

When I'm at home I sit since I'm usually on the computer at the same time. Whenever I'm playing with other people I stand though.
                Gibson Les Paul Traditional
                Warmoth Custom Soloist
                Ibanez S370
                Gibson SG Special
                '77 Marshall JMP 2203
                http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
                --------

Originally Posted by RaceU4her

i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

Comment

Both & always with a strap. I wear my guitar high enough that sitting down doesn't change the guitar's position.

This for me as well
                  Mesa/Boogie Mob

AMT Army-Lt. Colonel AnGuS

Clips (Click Me):

For Good Transactions Click Me

BRO CLUB: Member

Comment

Neither. I find standing and sitting both relatively easy, so I really don't need to practice.

Comment

Both. Standing is important though. Some things are too easy sitting down.

Comment

Mostly while sitting, but I tend to move around alot which I suppose is good for real world playing one day?

I've started practicing a bit more standing up too since I haven't seen many bar bands play where the guitarist is sitting down....
                        Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                        Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

always standing unless it's acoustic as well. i never got playing electric in a chair... totally wierd to me.

Comment

I always play standing. Practice or not I am always standing while bringing the pain that is my guitar playing.

My point to this is Killzone and I were having a conversation about playing "V" shaped guitars. I own one and play it standing up. He was bitchin about how uncomfortable it is to play sitting down................................I told him to stand up.

Besides, one day you might be forced to play standing up.

I practice sitting, but I come from a classical background.

Tell Cory the V was DESIGNED TO PLAY SITTING DOWN. It's true. You sit with the V straddling your right leg, and play upright in the classical position. This is why Randy Rhoads gravitated to them early on, as a classical guitar teacher. oke:
                            Yup. PM inbox is full.

Comment

Yup. This guy knows.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

Working...
                              X