I think i may have found my stolen rectifier....

JimAnsell

• Members

its the weirdest situation, and i feel so stupid about how the whole thing went down.

i thought i was loosing my {censored}ing mind.

i packed it, put it in the basement, and then it was gone....and i was out like 1300 bucks.

Cause i wasn't just gunna hose the guy who bought it. i refunded him as soon as it was clear that it was gone.

i checked the my fed ex account statement religiously for a while and it never showed up, so i'm stumped here.

the same seller had a dual recto rackmount listed on ebay ever since with a small vague photo that didn't look like mine.

its been the same listing for months, and now all the sudden it has a different picture, and its my picture.

something is up.

this is long after i already explained the situation to him in emails, and even asked him about the SN of what he was selling from a different user account and the sn he sent me was a way higher number.

• Members

I don't see how someone will steal an amp to drop it off at the nearest FedEx location. I mean... wtf??

I also don't believe the old buyer would also get the amp and then try to resell it on the SAME website using the SAME pictures from your auction. That's just surreal. I just don't see it happening.

I think the guy is just borrowing your picture. It's still wrong though.

• Members

if you knew the situation, and saw what i saw durring that period, it makes it even more strange.

i lived in an old aparatment complex where i knew everyone in my building except the people in one room.

it was a single mother with a few kids, and word was she was giving keys to the building to her different "Baby daddy's".

then i went exploring the building and i found that there were underground passage ways between the different buildings, so technically someone from building f could walk through this series of doors and wind up in building h, where my basement area was. the locks on these doors were pretty light duty. since my building was all eldery peoople, and i lived there for 3 years without any problems, i didn't think someone would break in and steal a boxed up guitar amp, a furman pq3, a mackie mixing board, a power conditioner, and whatever else was taken.

you never know around here though. metro detroit, and its lower/middle class suburban areas are full of weirdos, drug addicts, and criminals.

• Members

So, if I understand your story here.... A guy you sold an amp too but didn't have because you lost it, is now using the pic you posted of it to sell the same kind of amp months later so you assume it is the exact same amp stolen from your house only to be shipped via FedEx because you had the label on the box?

I heard about those thieves that break into people's houses to ship their {censored} via FedEx.... They are bad asses.

• Members

if you knew the situation, and saw what i saw durring that period, it makes it even more strange.

i lived in an old aparatment complex where i knew everyone in my building except the people in one room.

it was a single mother with a few kids, and word was she was giving keys to the building to her different "Baby daddy's".

then i went exploring the building and i found that there were underground passage ways between the different buildings, so technically someone from building f could walk through this series of doors and wind up in building h, where my basement area was. the locks on these doors were pretty light duty. since my building was all eldery peoople, and i lived there for 3 years without any problems, i didn't think someone would break in and steal a boxed up guitar amp, a furman pq3, a mackie mixing board, a power conditioner, and whatever else was taken.

you never know around here though. metro detroit, and its lower/middle class suburban areas are full of weirdos, drug addicts, and criminals.

Yeah probably one of the baby daddies was late on child support and needed a quick way to make money. But I honestly think this guy is just borrowing your pic.

On a lighter note, I love Detroit. I used to constantly travel there for business a while ago and have made so many good friends down there.

• Members

I heard about those thieves that break into people's houses to ship their {censored} via FedEx.... They are bad asses.

i guess i'm giving the theif too much credit here, i know, but its possible.

think about it, if a 1300 amp showed up on your doorstep, and the guy you bought it from just sent you an email saying "your amp is gone, got stolen, filed a police report, yadda yadda, but here is a full refund!", and now you have the amp, and the money, what would you do?

Be realistic here, don't be captin morality.

would you just play dumb and be like "man that sucks...thanks for my refund", and all the while the recto is sitting in your bed room, and you are waiting for the right time to flip it without getting busted?

i must have trust issues, because yeah, i know people are capable of {censored} like that.

but at the same time, i don't know if there is a criminal out there who was like "man this thing is all packed up and labeled, so it must be documented somewhere with photos and whatnot. ehhhh...i'd better just drop it off at fed ex to ease the burden on my mind about stealing this guys {censored}...but all the other stuff i snagged, ehhh...i'll see what i can get for that since it was just sitting there"

• Members

think about it, if a 1300 amp showed up on your doorstep, and the guy you bought it from just sent you an email saying "your amp is gone, got stolen, filed a police report, yadda yadda, but here is a full refund!", and now you have the amp, and the money, what would you do?

I know this might come as a shock to you... But myself and I'm sure many others out there would not just take the amp and sell it later. If someone had shipped me the amp and given me a refund I would contact that seller and let them know what was up.

My reputation is worth a hell of a lot more than $1300 to me.

However, I am not so naive as to think some douches aren't out there who will take the amp. Or worse. :idk:

Your story just sounds highly improbable.

• Members

would you just play dumb and be like "man that sucks...thanks for my refund", and all the while the recto is sitting in your bed room, and you are waiting for the right time to flip it without getting busted?

i must have trust issues, because yeah, i know people are capable of {censored} like that.

but at the same time,
i don't know if there is a criminal out there who was like "man this thing is all packed up and labeled, so it must be documented somewhere with photos and whatnot. ehhhh...i'd better just drop it off at fed ex to ease the burden on my mind about stealing this guys {censored}
...but all the other stuff i snagged, ehhh...i'll see what i can get for that since it was just sitting there"

:lol::lol::lol:

• Members

but at the same time, i don't know if there is a criminal out there who was like "man this thing is all packed up and labeled, so it must be documented somewhere with photos and whatnot. ehhhh...i'd better just drop it off at fed ex to ease the burden on my mind about stealing this guys {censored}...but all the other stuff i snagged, ehhh...i'll see what i can get for that since it was just sitting there"

Now THAT's just absurd, to think that someone would go to a FedEx location with something that they fear it was documented as stolen. Worst case scenario, if they REALLY decided not to keep it, (which is improbable since they stole it in the first place), they would just dump it on the side of the road or a trash can.

This is a very improbably story man, most likely the guitar just saved your picture from the original transaction and decided to use that instead of taking one.

Archived