Lord Valve?

hcprimerib

• Members

He's still in business. I called him to work on an amp a couple of months ago and he told me that he could probably get to it in three months or so if I dropped it off now, but not to stop by and talk to him about about it because he didn't like talking to customers. Seriously.

Glad I read this.

• Members

He's still in business. I called him to work on an amp a couple of months ago and he told me that he could probably get to it in three months or so if I dropped it off now, but not to stop by and talk to him about about it because he didn't like talking to customers. Seriously.

Not that any of this matters there are plenty of amp tech's that do just as good if not better work than him. Not knoking him but if he doesn't like talking to customers, I wouldn't think much about dealing with him, or he may just be too busy.

• Members

Not that any of this matters there are plenty of amp tech's that do just as good if not better work than him. Not knoking him but if he doesn't like talking to customers, I wouldn't think much about dealing with him, or he may just be too busy.

Sure. If he's busy enough that he doesn't have to deal with customers and can quote a 3 month wait time, more power to him I guess. He knows his business better than me, I assume.

If the OP is in the Denver area, this is who I would recommend:

http://www.vacuumtubesupplies.com/

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Jesus-you want tubes or a self esteem bump:facepalm:

Whatever. Best tested tubes out there-burned in a rack @ operating voltages for 48 hours, and the rack beaten w/a mallet to weed out anytubes that will short from shock.

You'll notice he's the one dealer you never see a "My tubes arrived and they're 15 ma apart" or "My new tubes just shorted-SOVTEK Suck!" threads about.:idea:

• Members

that's odd because on the phone he is a major talk-aholic!

• Members
Never gotten tubes from him, I was talking about amp work. I'd have no problem getting tubes from him. But if you take an amp to him.... expect to wait months and months.

yeah, that could easily be. I know does or has done a lot of amp work for Derek Trucks. Maybe he blows up a lot of amps. :)

Archived