EMG solderless pup wiring?

DEADBYDAWN

• Members

I am going to install the solderless wiring with a emg81/85, 1 tone, one volume and a solderless 3 way switch. My question is- on the 1/4" output jack the wire in the diagram that says "to output jack" -does that wire connect to the "tip" and where it says "sleeve" does the wire connect to that prong on the output jack also?

If so I am thinking I will have to strip the wire and solder it to those two points?

Here is the diagram-

emgsolderless2p1mv1mt3way.jpg

Thanks for any help on this- everything else seems pretty clear.

• Members

I just did this last night. No wire stripping or soldering period bro. The green wire goes as pictured...the double wire that goes from your tone pot to the output jack will have staggered ends that fit over the tabs on the output jack. Just take a look you can't miss how it goes together.

Just make sure on the little black ends that connect to all the various parts that you see a vissible little arrowhead when you slide it on. If you don't its upside down.

On a side not the solderless wiring {censored}en kills in simplicity. I actually ordered a seperate EMG solderless wiring set to install my SD AHB-3 EMTY PuP.

• Members

I am going to install the solderless wiring with a emg81/85, 1 tone, one volume and a solderless 3 way switch. My question is- on the 1/4" output jack the wire in the diagram that says "to output jack" -does that wire connect to the "tip" and where it says "sleeve" does the wire connect to that prong on the output jack also?

If so I am thinking I will have to strip the wire and solder it to those two points?

Here is the diagram-

emgsolderless2p1mv1mt3way.jpg

Thanks for any help on this- everything else seems pretty clear.

Yes to your question there are two wires there white/black. White goes to tip the black to sleeve. I cut mine and soldered them because i had a long jack but it was the same look here its more clear http://www.emginc.com/content/wiringdiagrams/HX_0230-0110D.pdf

Archived