JCM900 4x12's - what year?

saxxamafone

• Members

In any case, the phrase "who really cares" springs to mind.

It's a Marshall cab - done the same way for something like more than 4 decades now...

Speakers inside = entirely different discussion, but if you for some reason should imagine that you can hear differences because of different vintages of (sub standard - good for plywood only) baltic birch or possibly different types of glue used in the plywood you'd better move on to an audiophile forum.

• Members

In any case, the phrase "who really cares" springs to mind.

It's a Marshall cab - done the same way for something like more than 4 decades now...

Speakers inside = entirely different discussion, but if you for some reason should imagine that you can hear differences because of different vintages of (sub standard - good for plywood only) baltic birch or possibly different types of glue used in the plywood you'd better move on to an audiophile forum.

:facepalm:

• Members

:facepalm:

orly?

You seriously think that 1960 cabs were made differently 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 years ago?

It's a wooden box with some holes in it - cheap, and sufficiently tough to not break on the road.

Speakers, cosmetics and badges are what make them different from each other.

...but well, if you think that a different badge or differently coloured cloth on that box will somehow magically alter the construction, feel free to do so.

• Members
orly?

You seriously think that 1960 cabs were made differently 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 years ago?

It's a wooden box with some holes in it - cheap, and sufficiently tough to not break on the road.

Speakers, cosmetics and badges are what make them different from each other.

...but well, if you think that a different badge or differently coloured cloth on that box will somehow magically alter the construction, feel free to do so.

Of course my discussion includes the speakers inside :facepalm:

Why the hell would I just wanna talk about wood?! (insert gay joke here)

I've heard the speakers in the newer cabs are made in china VS the made in england speakers in the older cabs?
Dunno if this is true or not.

• Members

I've heard the speakers in the newer cabs are made in china VS the made in england speakers in the older cabs?

Dunno if this is true or not.

Afaik that is true - Celestion does apparently manufacture some speakers, if not all of them, in China - but so far i have not heard of anyone who has demonstrated an audible difference between UK vs. China made speakers.

• Members

Afaik that is true - Celestion does apparently manufacture some speakers, if not all of them, in China - but so far i have not heard of anyone who has demonstrated an audible difference between UK vs. China made speakers.

I had mic V-30's and they sucked. I've heard that the G12T-75's are different. even if they weren't, I wouldn't buy the mic Celestions.

• Members

I had mic V-30's and they sucked. I've heard that the G12T-75's are different. even if they weren't, I wouldn't buy the mic Celestions.

Can't say anything to that - i don't have speakers young enough to be mic.

• Members

cheers for the info fellas, would be good to hear clips between the same speaker made in both countries

BTW, I was reading 'mic' as in 'microphone'...then I wondered why I couldn't work out what the fuk you guys were talking about :D

Archived