Who here Uses A Distortion pedal as there Main Hi Gain Tone

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here Uses A Distortion pedal as there Main Hi Gain Tone

Anyone
    Charvel Desolation SC1 Skatecaster blakhart USA custom shop kronos Laboga Mr hecter Mojotone custom 412 wgs loaded Good deals with:apophis ejendres madDdog67 tdepaul1313, robbierobnj06 Corpsegrinder88x2 Further Lo Yo_Squig jdj8282 Metalhed Magh8 Killing Nevada Bullhead Mustaine Who?rog951 a58chevy nodata2000 hex 1972guitars griole ibenhad

Guilty.
    PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst
    Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)
    PRS SE One
    --
    EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab
    Blackstar HT-5

Comment

Overdrive into gain channels of many amps = > any distortion pedal I've ever tried, and even the best clips I've heard of pedals are underwhelming IMO. But regardless of being skeptical, I'm always open to trying any out and would love to have a pedal that'd take care of all the gain.
      __________________________________________________ ________
      Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

I hit my Sunn with a fuzz for crushing sounds of doom
        VHT/Fryette DEATH SQUAD

Great deals here and on Rig-talk with: Boatshoes/smucarolina, goldwing68nv, tkozuch, chakosh, Norton666

Current whoredom: VHT Pitbull 50/CL

Past whordom: Peavey 5150 II | ENGL Steve Morse 100 | Jet City JCA20H | Mesa Boogie Mark V | Sunn 200s | Orange Thunderverb 50 | Peavey 5150 | Laney GH100L

Originally Posted by MarkBastable

You don't crap in the bidet, you colonial peasant.

Comment

i use another amp in front of my amp.

[SPOILER]plus 3 metalzones[/SPOILER]

Comment

Tiger blood.
            "A ****************ing elephant is a miracle. If people can't see a ****************ing miracle in a ****************ing elephant, then life must suck for them, because an elephant is a ****************ing miracle. So is a giraffe." - Voilent J, Scholar and Poet

Comment

dripping from my fangs
              Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Depends... I use to run distortion pedals into clean channels (of something like a vox...) for hi gain tone (MXR Fullbore Metal) but I just recently got a mesa rectifier, so haven't touched the MXR for a while except at home.

Comment

Fulltone GT-500.....high gain distortion and a boost pedal in one....also use a Rt 66 overdrive for lower gain sounds.
                  Les Paul's & Strats, Fender Super & Blues Junior, Fulltone pedals & a whole lot of stuff that I don't use and can't seem to let go....

Comment

I always like a little push with a stomp box. My Mesa MK5 on CH3 has a TS-9 in front. Gain on the amp is about 4 o'clock. Level on the pedal is noon, tone is noon, and drive is about 4 o'clock. I like how it sounds.

Comment

Ya know Ive been noticing a lot of touring bands guitar players running numerous gain pedals distortion pedals boost etc etc on the floor bords so its starting to get me wondering
                      Charvel Desolation SC1 Skatecaster blakhart USA custom shop kronos Laboga Mr hecter Mojotone custom 412 wgs loaded Good deals with:apophis ejendres madDdog67 tdepaul1313, robbierobnj06 Corpsegrinder88x2 Further Lo Yo_Squig jdj8282 Metalhed Magh8 Killing Nevada Bullhead Mustaine Who?rog951 a58chevy nodata2000 hex 1972guitars griole ibenhad

Comment

I have been slowly going to this route....I have two dirt pedals....one being a light crunch and the other more distortion. I cascade these into a clean boost then into my clean channel. I have found that the clean boost works well in this setup for two things. 1) Opening up the dirt pedal and making them sound more authentic and dynamic, and 2) It works as a great solo boost function.

I leave my clean boost on all the time and get some pretty good tones. I do like the amp's distortion, but I really like the versatility and honestly the sound quality of running dirt pedals into the clean channel of my amp. This also worked very good with the Marshall DSL that I used to have.

Cole
                        Amps
                        Marshall JCM900 2500 MkIII
                        Egnater Tweaker 15
                        TRM Guitarcabs Wide Ported 1x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Pedals
                        Korg Pitchblack+
                        Ibanez Weeping Demon Jr.
                        Pro Tone Thruster
                        Monte Allums GT Mod SD-1
                        ISP Decimator (Loop)
                        MXR 6 Band EQ (Loop)
                        Hermida Reverb (Loop)
                        Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay (Loop)
                        Carl Martin Octaswitch