MXR 10 band EQ settings.

twistofcain

• Members

What kind of settings do you guys use on your mxr 10 band eq's? What tricks do you have?

I always have mine in the loop, keep it on, and just adjust it to however my ears are that day. Usually just push the mids a bit, with more emphasis on high mids. I've been trying to find a curve to bring out more of a "woody" tone. Something in the low mids i think.

• Members

Depends on the amp and playing scenario actually. Some gigs will deliver a different sounding room and I adjust accordingly. One thing that's pretty constant though is that I cut the furthest 3 left sliders for the bass about 3~ish dB when I'm using the nitro. It's bass is too powerful usually to be really effective on stage... gets all up our bass player's business so I keep that backed off. Other than that, I don't do anything else with the nitro other than sometimes bump 1Khz up a few db for a bit more midrange cut but the nitro already has tons of mid cut anyways.

For the cerberus, I usually boost 8 and 16khz a bit as it's a darker/smoother amp than the nitro is.

• Members

Nah, they're great. I can't use an amp without one. It's nice to be able to find a good tone on my amp, then tweak it even further. Makes your tone more unique. Helps during shows too, if I find i'm not cutting through enough, i can just kneel over and {censored} with my EQ, rather than running to my amp.

Archived