Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR 10 band EQ settings.

What kind of settings do you guys use on your mxr 10 band eq's? What tricks do you have?

I always have mine in the loop, keep it on, and just adjust it to however my ears are that day. Usually just push the mids a bit, with more emphasis on high mids. I've been trying to find a curve to bring out more of a "woody" tone. Something in the low mids i think.
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Ebony

Dunlop 535q Wah
    Electro Harmonix Pog 2
    Korg Pitchblack Tuner
    MXR Custom Bad Ass Modified OD
    MXR EVH Phase 90
    MXR Micro Flanger
    Boss DD7 Delay

Orange AD140 HTC
    Orange PPC412

If you know another guitar player, put the EQ in the loop and have them play through your rig while you adjust the sliders. I had the most success with my KFK 10 band in the loop of my Shiva doing that.
    Positive Transactions:Rig-Talk: O'Rourke, 92lx50, Chubtone, Juggernaut, DanyeoHC: leod_74, Dimebag11, floydroseuser, LordOVchaoS, Duderanimous, MatrixClawTGP: RMC519, Red Planet

Comment

Mine's in the loop for a solo boost. A like bottom-end chunk, a good bit of mids, and some sizzle for my leads.

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

I hope some of you die and end the string of ****************ty broken families. Seriously, go shoot yourselves.

Originally Posted by OverDriven

I like a little thickness. After all, the angle of the dangle is proportionate to the cube of the boob times the mass of the ass. This, of course, doesn't take into account the sag of the bag.

Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

I eat at the compost heap behind planned parenthood.

Originally Posted by justcrash

The only "shocking" thing about this thread is that your username wasn't already taken.

Comment

This is mine now but I change 125-4 kHz every so often. Mines in the loop as well

Originally Posted by Rampage

You have repressed sexual feelings for your father.

SPAM:PM ME
        SD Hot Rail LINK
        Dimarzio Tone Zone-Black F Spaced
        Dimarzio Air Norton-Black F Spaced

Comment

Depends on the amp and playing scenario actually. Some gigs will deliver a different sounding room and I adjust accordingly. One thing that's pretty constant though is that I cut the furthest 3 left sliders for the bass about 3~ish dB when I'm using the nitro. It's bass is too powerful usually to be really effective on stage... gets all up our bass player's business so I keep that backed off. Other than that, I don't do anything else with the nitro other than sometimes bump 1Khz up a few db for a bit more midrange cut but the nitro already has tons of mid cut anyways.

For the cerberus, I usually boost 8 and 16khz a bit as it's a darker/smoother amp than the nitro is.
          Guitars
          Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
          Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

Cut 250, bump 2kHz if I use one.
            | Destination : Destruction | Kalmanväki | Luujauho | Clips | Youtube | Gear |

Comment

Glorified paperweight

If I were to use one, I'd just turn 32 and 64hz sliders down
              Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Or you can try living on the southside of Chicago on eight dollars a month and learn some real blues phrases.

YouTube • Soundclick

Comment

Nah, they're great. I can't use an amp without one. It's nice to be able to find a good tone on my amp, then tweak it even further. Makes your tone more unique. Helps during shows too, if I find i'm not cutting through enough, i can just kneel over and **************** with my EQ, rather than running to my amp.
                Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Ebony

Dunlop 535q Wah
                Electro Harmonix Pog 2
                Korg Pitchblack Tuner
                MXR Custom Bad Ass Modified OD
                MXR EVH Phase 90
                MXR Micro Flanger
                Boss DD7 Delay

Orange AD140 HTC
                Orange PPC412

Comment

Working...