What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by kanamvar32 View Post
I am trying to find some pappy van winkle, but have had no luck.
While good, it's not worth the money in my opinion. Though what year are you looking at, I had the 20 yo.

Quote Originally Posted by kanamvar32
The whiskey I am drinking is Scotch (have some glenmorangie 18, glengoyne 17, laphroaig single barrel 12 (or maybe 16, can't remember) and JW Green at home).
I said whiskey not whisky damn it!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker. View Post
While good, it's not worth the money in my opinion. Though what year are you looking at, I had the 20 yo.

I said whiskey not whisky damn it!
Looking for the 23 YO Pappy.

And fine, the scotch prefer the spellign w/o the "e", but they are all technically a form of whiskey. So are we just gunna talk bourbon, rye and tennessee stuff here?

• Members
Looking for the 23 YO Pappy.

And fine, the scotch prefer the spellign w/o the "e", but they are all technically a form of whiskey. So are we just gunna talk bourbon, rye and tennessee stuff here?
I haven't had the 23, my buddy who got the 20 is looking for a bottle of the 23 as well. And Scotch is cool, I'm about to have a finger of Oban 14, just wanted to bust some chops.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

View Post

I haven't had the 23, my buddy who got the 20 is looking for a bottle of the 23 as well. And Scotch is cool, I'm about to have a finger of Oban 14, just wanted to bust some chops.

The 23 YO has been difficult to find. I have a feeling I'll be able to track it down though. If I do, I will message you about what I think of it. I'm not too experienced w/forms of whiskey aside from Scotch. Oban 14 is a nice, easy to drink one. It doesn't have any real prominent or overbearing flavors to it. I bought my bottle of it at Costco. It was a pretty good deal actually, much cheaper than at a regular liquor shop haha. It's good that you were only trolling a bit about the Scotch wink.gif

• Members
The 23 YO has been difficult to find. I have a feeling I'll be able to track it down though. If I do, I will message you about what I think of it. I'm not too experienced w/forms of whiskey aside from Scotch. Oban 14 is a nice, easy to drink one. It doesn't have any real prominent or overbearing flavors to it. I bought my bottle of it at Costco. It was a pretty good deal actually, much cheaper than at a regular liquor shop haha. It's good that you were only trolling a bit about the Scotch wink.gif
There's a bottle of the 23yo at the store I frequent but it's too rich for my blood, for bourbon at least. It's been there for a few weeks as well so I'm guessing to rich for most ha ha.

Yeah I like the Oban, understated but still tasty. I'm more of an Islay drinker myself.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker. View Post
There's a bottle of the 23yo at the store I frequent but it's too rich for my blood, for bourbon at least. It's been there for a few weeks as well so I'm guessing to rich for most ha ha.

Yeah I like the Oban, understated but still tasty. I'm more of an Islay drinker myself.
How much is the 23YO? I can do up to $150 I think.

Agree on the Oban. I think it is pleasant, but it isn't one of my go-to Scotches. I'm a fan of the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. I like the darker flavors.

• Members

Love me some Balvenie:
Balvenie15.jpg

And how can that clear whiskey be any good? All whiskey's start clear and then they get most of their flavor and all of their color from the barrels they age in. I can only imagine that stuff tastes like gasoline. freak.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HottKarl View Post
Love me some Balvenie:
Balvenie15.jpg

And how can that clear whiskey be any good? All whiskey's start clear and then they get most of their flavor and all of their color from the barrels they age in. I can only imagine that stuff tastes like gasoline. freak.gif
I guess they are aged in plexi glass barrels?

• Members
How much is the 23YO? I can do up to $150 I think.

Agree on the Oban. I think it is pleasant, but it isn't one of my go-to Scotches. I'm a fan of the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. I like the darker flavors.
I thought it was in the $250 range with the 20yo around $150

Archived