Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun dudes... what is considered being a good shot?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun dudes... what is considered being a good shot?

I've been breaking my Beretta in and I'm starting to feel pretty good with it. I only ask because the definition of "good" seems to vary quite a bit. Been outshooting most of the people I've seen at the range but that's not saying much. Then again I've also been told by other dudes that my results are pretty average.

Also any tips? I'm pretty consistent but for some reason I manage to have a few strays here and there and I'd like to not have them anymore. Not too bad from 30 feet but at 20+ yards those few inches become a lot wider. This is my target from earlier. 150 rounds at ~10 yards.

GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

all great shots have a few strays. it will happen. being a great shot is a culmination of several skills such as shot placement (simple: smallest groupings at the greatest distances), speed, firing under pressure or time, moving targets, varying of weaponry, etc. those are pretty good groupings, sir, even at the short distance, so youre on the right track! just keep shooting, and make sure you get some feedback from a professional if you can as far as trigger pull and breathing techniques.

beretta....92?
    great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
    SG ARMY

Comment

all great shots have a few strays. it will happen. being a great shot is a culmination of several skills such as shot placement (simple: smallest groupings at the greatest distances), speed, firing under pressure or time, moving targets, varying of weaponry, etc. those are pretty good groupings, sir, even at the short distance, so youre on the right track! just keep shooting, and make sure you get some feedback from a professional if you can as far as trigger pull and breathing techniques.

beretta....92?

Thanks man, I appreciate the encouragement. Unfortunately I can't really do the firing under pressure or moving targets here but I do try to keep my shots at no more than 1 second apart. My results definitely get hazier with rapid fire but they still usually stay within the 8 range with some 7s. For trigger pull I've been trying to focus on being tight but squeezing with the pad of my finger to avoid jerk. Breathing I try to fire on exhales but I still haven't found the right technique when firing multiple shots in a couple seconds. Been taking a deep breath and letting them all go in one exhale. Don't know of any real "pros" and I've been outshooting or shooting on par with cops I've seen at the range so I'm on my own with the internet guidance until I meet one.

And yeah Beretta 92FS. Got it about a month ago.

Comment

Killing them before they kill you is good enough.
        I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

Killing them before they kill you is good enough.

Agreed, but aside from protection I want to be good for sport. I have issues with mediocrity. As in I can't stand being there with anything I care about doing well.

Comment

Keeping you rounds in 2 inch diameter groups is considered good at any distance.

1 inch groups are even better.
            I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

Keeping you rounds in 2 inch diameter groups is considered good at any distance.

1 inch groups are even better.

Well as you can see I clearly didn't do that. Now teach me how!

Comment

Excellent choice in firearm!! Here's my Beretta, a 1988 Italian-made model w/ new-ish wood grips.

It's a S&W Model 28-2 "Highway Patrolman".. Quit PM'ing me!

...So be it then." Jack said. " Clever stratagems are quite beyond my powers, but if it is rank foolishness you require, I have no end of it."

Comment

Excellent choice in firearm!! Here's my Beretta, a 1988 Italian-made model w/ new-ish wood grips.

That looks excellent man! Funny to see the crown bag because that's what mine gets carried around in when in the car. All of my extra mags go in another one when going to the range too.

Comment

Well as you can see I clearly didn't do that. Now teach me how!
                    Well they always teach law enforcment to go for center mass, which judging from your target is where most of your shots are so just keep doing that.

Practice/training & repetion are what pays off.

Comment

Practice/training & repetion are what pays off.

Right, just trying not to practice/repeat bad habits.

Comment

Your doing fine.....safety first.

Comment

Pretty good shooting ! And, those strays are gonna hurt too
                          MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

Looks pretty good. Just keep doing what you are doing. Everybody shoots different so you need to find what works for you. Try picking out a spot on the target like a number near a scoring line or anything small really and fire a shot at it. If you hit it great, but if not, keep focus on that same spot and fire a group. If you keep the aim small, miss small mentality you will get better I promise. when I shoot at target over 100 yards away with a rifle I dont just aim for the center of the target, I aim for very center of the smallest spot in the center (if that makes sense LOL)
                            Guitars: Logan Telecasterw/ Duncan P90's Fender MIM Tele w/ Duncan Little 59, Ibanez SZ320 w/ Duncan JB,Alvarez RF4102C
                            Amps: Blackstar Stage 60, Blackstar HT20H,Fender Mustang II
                            Pedals:BBE Supa Charger, Dunlop EVH Wah, Dunlop Volume, TC Nova Delay, TC Polytune,Zvex Distortron,MXR Custom BadAss OD, Xotic AC Boost,Dane Electro 7 band EQ, CC Tremolo, Line6 M5
                            Line6 Relay G30 Wireless

Comment

If you want to know how good you are, you should participate in competition shooting. I would also switch to smaller targets and concentrate on technique and accuracy first, then rapid fire. Also, try different rounds to see what your pistol shoots best. Every gun is different. If you shoot a lot, you might want to look into reloading. Biggest thing is practice and technique/consistency.

Comment

Working...
                              X