No announcement yet.

Squier '51 guitars?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squier '51 guitars?

Yeah, I'm not gonna ask this in EG, cause I know how they tend to slobber over cheap guitars and treat them like they're better than they are sometimes.

So, yeah, how are these things? Play okay? Sound decent?
    GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

I have one that's modded with a Warmoth neck and DiMarzio PU's and a different bridge, but it really wasn't a bad guitar stock for the dough. If you can get one for around 100 bills go for it.
    Warmoth/Fender Strats x 4, Ibanez RG, '87 Marshall JCM 800 2210, Marshall 1960a with WGS Vet. 30's x Celestion 75's, Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12...and the rest.
    good deals with: Further Lo, Norton666, downer01, joaocunha, charvelstrat81, Deucejanisch, LIBBY!
    my Iron Maiden tribute band:
    http://www.facebook.com/maidenminneapolis
    rock cover band:
    www.wickedsensationmn.com
    https://www.facebook.com/wickedsensationrockband

Comment

My g/f has one and it's pretty nice. I like the neck and the pickups are actually decent. Lots of parts out there for modding too.
      PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

I don't think they that bad. A little on the heavy side. They almost always need the action set lower after you buy one. But other than that they feel pretty solid.
        Good deal (s) with: shane159

Comment

Cool. In case no one saw my spam post, trying to find a cheap replacement for my other guitarist's tele that got stolen
          It's no MIM tele, I know, but I didn't really think his was all that great anyway, so maybe this will turn out to be a better guitar E-mailed the guy who's selling this thing on CL, hopefully will pick it up tonight if nothing better comes along.

Hoping it will be gigworthy, if nothing else but temporarily.
          GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

Comment

I had a 51 for a while, it was pretty good. I remember it feeling somewhat similar to a MIM actually. it certainly didnt feel cheap.
            Gear:
            Ibanez RG550DY, RG7621, RG520QS, S440
            Schecter C1 Elite
            Fender HM Strat

Peavey Ultra Plus
            Engl E212VH 2x12 horizontal cab with v30s
            Line 6 Toneport UX2

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?search=angusftw

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention that the bridge on them is kind of meh. Guitarfetish has a nice replacement for it for like $12, though.
              PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

If it's anything like you guys describe, I may end up going Indian giver and making it an indefinite loaner instead of a gift

The Band

Good Transactions

Comment

I had one that came with a birdseye maple neck. I hated the shape/feel, otherwise I would have kept it and just sold the body.

They are cool enough guitars, and sound rather decent. Great to mod if you can grab one on the cheap, but be prepared to do some setup depending on who you are buying it from.
                  Good Transactions: Faugernauts, dcindc x 2, tomh777, stratosaurus, Got Metal, Mazi Bee, Bro Blue, youngpedals, Lonely Raven, Juggernaut and tdepaul1313

Comment

I had one that came with a birdseye maple neck. I hated the shape/feel, otherwise I would have kept it and just sold the body.

They are cool enough guitars, and sound rather decent. Great to mod if you can grab one on the cheap, but be prepared to do some setup depending on who you are buying it from.

The good news is, it could not possibly need a setup worse than the guitar it will be replacing

The Band

Good Transactions

Comment

The good news is, it could not possibly need a setup worse than the guitar it will be replacing

As a temporary fix it should be acceptable enough. IIRC mine was rather bright, but not so much so to where I felt like I had to immediately swap the pups.

I loved the pickup combo though, I still want another hum+single guitar.
                      Good Transactions: Faugernauts, dcindc x 2, tomh777, stratosaurus, Got Metal, Mazi Bee, Bro Blue, youngpedals, Lonely Raven, Juggernaut and tdepaul1313

Comment

I've had 3. they were hit or miss.the one was really nice. the other two were good after some fretwork.

fun guitars, dirt cheap and with some work are gigable. But I like gigging with cheap guitars. nothing to worry about

Comment

I too had three. I kept one and love the hell out of it. Not stock though
                          MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

**************** - now I have gas... ****************ing hcaf...
                            Don't hate the game - hate the player!

Comment

**************** - now I have gas... ****************ing hcaf...

Put simply, if you can buy one for $100 it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X