Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kids = no sportscar

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm right with the OP here. I dont need no stinkin money pit which will probably turn out a disappointment and hate me for being an ****************************. Anyway most of life is a big ****************ing slice of **************** pie so I'm not going to make someone else put up with it so I can cutsey kiddie photos.

It's not the money thing (kids are not that bad) it's the added responsibility to your life, and that's fair enough.
    http://www.guitarampboard.com we have gone there, please follow!!!Rememberhttp://www.guitarampboard.comYes that's righthttp://www.guitarampboard.com^_^ http://www.guitarampboard.com ^_^

Comment

The best thing about having kids is...
      they grow up and give you grandkids

Grandkids are the best
      (Personal footnote: I'm 56, and a lot of things don't work so great anymore. The wrist is one example. Another is my Johnson, which doesn't fire up like it used to. Sometimes it hardly works at all. A year ago it actually backfired. The guy at the outboard motor repair shop where I bring it says this is common with an old Johnson.)

Comment

Your thought process is sound. It's nice to hear someone think that through and logically say, nope it's not for me.

I'm happily a father of three girls. My life is not MY life. It's bigger than just that. That is NOT to say it's better, or more valid than yours. If you don't want to have that kind of life than you shouldn't have kids. More power to you. That is way better than the scene I see getting played out by most dad's in my area. Half assed dads who have kids and still just live for themselves.

+1, two boys here.
        I still understand that some don't want kids, and have no problem about that.

I'd book a snipping appointment asap. No hormone birth control = more laid back wife in many cases.
        Knut E Evenmo before the great update

Comment

Not having kids is fine if thats what you choose I can respect that, having said that I know guys that made the same choice to never had kids, all went through a really bad mid life crisis in their early 40's. Most ended up leaving the wife, quiting theirs jobs and selling the cool car!! Seriously f@#$up.

I'll leave this question with you, your answer will let you know if you made the right decision:

On your death bed, would you rather be remembering how much fun you had with your kids at christmas, or teaching them guitar etc, or how well your facy car cornered coming off the interstate??

Comment

Not having kids is fine if thats what you choose I can respect that, having said that I know guys that made the same choice to never had kids, all went through a really bad mid life crisis in their early 40's. Most ended up leaving the wife, quiting theirs jobs and selling the cool car!! Seriously f@#$up.

I'll leave this question with you, your answer will let you know if you made the right decision:

On your death bed, would you rather be remembering how much fun you had with your kids at christmas, or teaching them guitar etc, or how well your facy car cornered coming off the interstate??

I see your point, but at the end of the day, if you're short cashed and never really had time to do the things you wanted to do in life, surely that could make for an unhappy parenthood? I've not done nearly enough of the stuff I want to do, I appear to have worked every day since I was 14 and not stopped. Having kids right now, to me, would be a life sentence.
            Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas

Good transactions:
            StevePage (b)
            Deadeye Dom (s)
            Maiden_Fan (s)
            metareal (s)
            YourGuitarHero (b)
            Ratae Coritanorum (b)
            ¤ Matt ¤ (s)

Comment

My wife and I made this decision as well a few years ago. Mainly just because we don't want kids, not for any specific reason beyond that. However, my wife's uterus ended up finalizing that decision for us, since she no longer has one.

We are both in our mid/late 30's and have yet to have any regrets. Not that it matters since we have no choice anyway.
              My various guitar build • repair • maintenance threads

My Custom Guitar page

Some of my motion graphics ****************

My metal band, Sulaco
              Download Sulaco, "Build and Burn" for free or pay in any format you want

My instrumental Prog band, BML

1981 Marshall 2203
              Marshall DSL50

Comment

whoop d ****************ing doo.

Comment

It sounds all good now to not have kids but how ya gonna feel when all your friends are gone and your current family are all dead/gone? As a parent I just can't imagine life without kids. Being selfish seems nice and all but once you become a parent you realize that all of those material things really have no meaning without anyone to share them with. I thought just like you did at one point in my life. Once I had kids it all changed. Life would be so borring without them.
                  Good deal (s) with: shane159

Comment

The whole "death bed" argument is pointless, you could drop dead at any time. Further more, you could get a degenerative brain disease and be a pant-****************ting burden on your loved ones.

I'm amazed people act offended and feel they need to verbally disagree and talk down to someone for not wanting children. Imagine someone saying "I wanted to paint my bedroom green", and people reacting like "YOU WORTHLESS MORONIC ****, you're disgraceful, but whatever! It's YOUUURRRRR life!". Get bent, you ****************ing idiots. It doesn't effect you, but it sure effects OP. You can't hand a kid back. He's thought about it, he decided not to do it. Where's your reason for acting so outraged or condescending?

Honestly, I think too many guys grow up and do what is expected of them, rather than what they want, and end up bitter. I'd hate to look in the mirror one day and realize I'm trying to convince myself a mortgage, 3 kids, and a fat wife who doesn't put out anymore is all I want from life. That kind of existence would drive me to becoming the kind of guy who posts on internet forums with a holier-than-thou attitude, angry at people who didn't blindly leap into massive life decisions, and clearly there's more than enough of them in the world. So enjoy the smug comments, I guess little victories on internet forums are all some guys have left.

Jeez it's depressing even typing that... I'm sure someone will post a condescending rebuttal with the "winking smiley thumbs up" anyway to put me in my place, or tell me I'm selfish & it's just as well I'm not breeding, or whatever else they need to hold on to keep getting up in the morning. Whatever. Waste what few spare minutes you have in the day telling me I'm in the wrong, I don't care.

Comment

**************** the gene pool anyway. The sooner we're all smashed to death by an asteroid the better.
                      DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.

Originally Posted by -Assy-

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

Comment

To the OP: It's good to see that you and your GF are honest with each other. Just make sure to let her know, that if she ever changes her mind, that she should let you know, so you can discuss it. Otherwise, it will eat her up.

I teach highschool kids on a daily basis, and it seems there are very, very few decent and responsible parents out there. A lot of people that didn't take the responsibility seriously. And while the majority of the kids I see with problems come from broken homes, a few comes from "nuclear" families; but they're "dream kids", projects, that has never been told no or been given any sort of opposition their whole life. So I'm left with 19 year olds refusing to acknowledge that they actually need to put in an effort to get anywhere in life, and that a law degree or dream job wont fall into their laps.

Me, I want kids. I'm 27, happily married, with a pretty good job and everything, but I cant help feel like I'm missing something in my life. I dont want big cars, I dont have a great need to travel. I want to create something beautiful with the woman I love and see it grow up. It wont be easy, of course, but the best parts in life comes from struggles.
                        Octomom is my favorite Xmen

Comment

I certainly don't want kids in my life at this point (I'm 29 and single), but I think I will when I find the right girl.
                          Main Rig:
                          LTD EC1000
                          Peavey 6505+
                          Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                          TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                          Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                          M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

We want to travel, to spend our money on ourselves - live for each other and not another person who is 100% dependent on us.

We will live the lives of homosexual couples - nice clothes, furniture, food, cars and holidays and when we're old we'll sell our house and live off the cash and not worry about having to leave an inheritance. Round the world cruise!

Same here

Comment

I dont want big cars, I dont have a great need to travel. I want to create something beautiful with the woman I love and see it grow up. It wont be easy, of course, but the best parts in life comes from struggles.

Holy ****************, someone exactly like me!
                              VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

Youre not even old enough to come to this decision. You are old enough to be acting so immature, and selfish, though.

Piece of advice; stick to this decision!
                                The world has enough selfish people. No doubt your children would be just like you.

are you retarded, like srsly?
                                ***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***
                                Spammidiman anniversary edition 2x2 - $50 shipped
                                carvin dcm 1500 power amp - $150 shipped

Comment

Working...
                                X