Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kids = no sportscar

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to feel like I'd never want kids. Then I dated a girl who has a two-year old son. Even though our relationship didn't work out, the experience completely changed my mind about children. He was awesome and brought an amazing amount of joy into my life. I definitely want a nuclear family one day.

I can't believe anyone would want a nuclear family after what recently happened in Japan.
    Originally Posted by mike moriarty

Looks like an amp for old people.

Originally Posted by syscrusher

If the world didn't suck, we would fall off.

Originally Posted by PerfectTommy

kudos to Furtive for a clear and well-reasoned discussion. so rare to see something that has been thought through and presented rationally.

Comment

I can't believe anyone would want a nuclear family after what recently happened in Japan.

Aww dude...too soon.
      Originally Posted by wiseblood

I have been to jail in tijuana. Twice.

Originally Posted by isvoid

you missed him didn't you

Originally Posted by Sweep?

Sock filled with soap, hit, concussion, brain damage, body bag, car, cornfield, funeral. In that order.

Comment

your both selfish people and you dont want your blood line to carry on or your last name for that matter...dunno why any man would do that...i have kids and its the best thing that ever happened to me.
        a person never really lives until he or she has children and the life experiance that comes along with it.
        but hey if you wanna be immature and have no meaning in your life thats up to you!
        Marshall Amps
        Gibson guitars
        Tonepros
        Lava cable
        Dunlop/MXR

Comment

your both selfish people and you dont want your blood line to carry on or your last name for that matter...dunno why any man would do that...i have kids and its the best thing that ever happened to me.
          a person never really lives until he or she has children and the life experiance that comes along with it.
          but hey if you wanna be immature and have no meaning in your life thats up to you!

Wow....you know so much about them that you know what's best for them? Or anyone else?

Obviously every couple should have kids because, well, dammit, all couples just should!

As to the boldest part, that's complete bull****************. Its a different experience, one that those of us without children will never share, but to say those without kids never really live? **************** you and your stupid high horse asshat.
          Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
          Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

Comment

Wow....you know so much about them that you know what's best for them? Or anyone else?

Obviously every couple should have kids because, well, dammit, all couples just should!

As to the boldest part, that's complete bull****************. Its a different experience, one that those of us without children will never share, but to say those without kids never really live? **************** you and your stupid high horse asshat.

Ovid has a temper!

As for the OP, the way you put it (ie. I don't want kids because they'll take away from my toys and my playtime), it's easy to see why some people saw it as a selfish decision.
              VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

Ovid has a temper!

As for the OP, the way you put it (ie. I don't want kids because they'll take away from my toys and my playtime), it's easy to see why some people saw it as a selfish decision.

I suppose I came across a bit strong.....

That sort of attitude pisses me off though. There are a million and one reasons why a couple would choose not to have children. And for some couples, its a very difficult decision only come to after much consideration, thought and prayer.

To have someone just make blanket statements like that....

I do see how some ppl might feel the OP's choice is selfish for the reasons listed. But hell, its their choice and their lives.

Obviously, it'd be better for them to have kids and be too busy to raise them right. We don't have enough neglected/spoiled children running about these days.
                Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

I suppose I came across a bit strong.....

That sort of attitude pisses me off though. There are a million and one reasons why a couple would choose not to have children. And for some couples, its a very difficult decision only come to after much consideration, thought and prayer.

To have someone just make blanket statements like that....

I do see how some ppl might feel the OP's choice is selfish for the reasons listed. But hell, its their choice and their lives.

Obviously, it'd be better for them to have kids and be too busy to raise them right. We don't have enough neglected/spoiled children running about these days.

Agreed.

I want kids at some point, but I would never say that everyone should have them and the way that so many kids act these days is a testament to that.
                  VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

I'm bored and need a game changer. I think I'm gonna knock my girlfriend up. And, according to some posters in this thread, it'll be the best decision I've ever made

In all seriousness, I applaud the OP and his wife for taking the time to do some soul searching and making a rational decision in not having kids.

Comment

Everyone says they're never gonna have kids. Those of us older and wiser have heard dozens of their (now parents) friends say it over the years.
                      Gear
                      Mesa Mark IV Widebody Combo
                      1978 Marshall Super Lead 100
                      1965 Fender Pro Reverb
                      Roland VGA-7
                      Fractal AxeFX Ultra
                      Guitars: Charvel San Dimas/Schecter Loomis 7 FR/Carvin HF2/Prototype Wayne Green Meanie/Ibanez PL1770/Fender YJM/Fender Strat Deluxe

Comment

What the hell does, "I don't agree with the OP's life choice" even mean? Agree with what? No one asked a question or made a declarative statement. There was nothing to accept or deny. You can agree that someone's life choice is: Good, bad, fun, boring, mean, thoughtful, etc. You can't agree with a choice.

Guitars: Music Man JP6; Jackson USA Select SLS; Hand Made Customs / Amp/Effects: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra
                        Bass: Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 / Amp/Effects: Roland CB-30
                        Drums: Roland TD-20 / / Amp/Effect: lolwut?

Comment

So it's selfish to live your life how you choose and see fit?

It's his life, if he doesn't want kids in it cool, his life to ruin .

I kid of course

Good on you op to talk it out and make your own decision.

I personally do want kids eventually, because that is my decision for my life.
                          Originally Posted by Rampage

You have repressed sexual feelings for your father.

SPAM:PM ME
                          SD Hot Rail LINK
                          Dimarzio Tone Zone-Black F Spaced
                          Dimarzio Air Norton-Black F Spaced

Comment

Well, I'm a similar age to you and all the way through our 20s, me and my other half said the exact same thing "No kids!" Same reasons too: we spent our 20s in debt, clinging onto the housing market in an extremely volatile job market. We were both IT contractors and between out-of-contract time and university debts we both had, things mounted up. Added to that, our house needs about
                            Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas

Good transactions:
                            StevePage (b)
                            Deadeye Dom (s)
                            Maiden_Fan (s)
                            metareal (s)
                            YourGuitarHero (b)
                            Ratae Coritanorum (b)
                            ¤ Matt ¤ (s)

Comment

Seems like a few people get it and I seem to have offended a couple of folks!
                              I'm not fussed if other folk want to have kids - it's their own choice - not a judgement on them. Keep ****************ing!

We've just decided we don't want to. Maybe it is selfish, so what? This is the 21st century - I don't need to have kids to help me out on the farm or look after me when I'm old. Having kids will change our lives massively and in a direction we don't want.

Anyway, we're not heartless people - we've got each other......... and our cat

My uncle and aunt made this decision back in the 60's.

I for one think that's fine, and up until my wife was pregnant I thought the same (my wife it told it would be almost impissible to have kids, the doctors just never new about Neil sperm) but once I had my son I am glad I did, but I will be honest it took a lot of adjusting to the idea. I had to become a lot more emotionally mature and fast.

But if you choose not to, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I look forward to the new kid day thread.
                              http://www.guitarampboard.com we have gone there, please follow!!!Rememberhttp://www.guitarampboard.comYes that's righthttp://www.guitarampboard.com^_^ http://www.guitarampboard.com ^_^

Comment

http://www.guitarampboard.com we have gone there, please follow!!!Rememberhttp://www.guitarampboard.comYes that's righthttp://www.guitarampboard.com^_^ http://www.guitarampboard.com ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X