Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Bought myself a new PC

I've been struggling along with my laptop for some time now, was looking to replace it with a new laptop, but since my laptop spends 98% of the time sitting on my desk, I figured I may as well get a better spec desktop for the same price.

I ended up going a little over budget (as usual ), but it should keep going for a long time before I need to upgrade again (I'm fed up with crappy laptops that are basically disposable after 30 months).

Specs:
    -i5 2500k 3.3GHz (planning to overclock to 4GHz once warranty runs out)
    -4GB 1600Mhz RAM (eventually another 4GB will be needed, but that's only
    Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

strtdv has wisdom.

Originally Posted by Tralfaz

Oh crap. The key just cae loose off y laptop keyboard.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm Okay, it's fixed now.

LANEY POSSE .................................................. ..... Good deals with: bennyg85, gambit, jo_to_2, Free the Guilty, woolyh
    ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

It's a decent PC, but that's about $1500 USD which is pretty expensive for those specs, even with the monitor. That computer + monitor could have been built for under $1000 USD or around
    Main Rig:
    LTD EC1000
    Peavey 6505+
    Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
    TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
    Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
    M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

It's a decent PC, but that's about $1500 USD which is pretty expensive for those specs, even with the monitor. That computer + monitor could have been built for under $1000 USD or around

strtdv has wisdom.

Oh crap. The key just cae loose off y laptop keyboard.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm Okay, it's fixed now.

LANEY POSSE .................................................. ..... Good deals with: bennyg85, gambit, jo_to_2, Free the Guilty, woolyh
      ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

Comment

Shoulda got the i7...
        http://facebook.com/petepetersonmusic

Comment

Shoulda got the i7...

Hyperthreading actually reduces gaming performance.
          I'm didn't see any advantage for anything I'll be using my computer for, other than adding

strtdv has wisdom.

ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

Comment

Hyperthreading actually reduces gaming performance.
            I'm didn't see any advantage for anything I'll be using my computer for, other than adding
            Randall Army
            Equiperate EMGers Club
            Member Of The €piphone Empire
            Gear:
            Randall RM100KH + RS412KHX
            Ltd and Epiphone guitars
            Tonepros bridges
            Sperzel locking tuners
            Emg pickups
            Lava cable
            Dunlop accessories

Comment

Shoulda built your own.
              Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Screw warrantys overclock it anyway

They'll never know theres even an auto button that will overclock over what you want on that motherboard anyway that works great haha!

(I've made a build with the non pro p8p67..)

If anything goes wrong... which it wont you just get rid of the settings from the bios they'll never know!
                Gear:
                Ibanez RG550DY, RG7621, RG520QS, S440
                Schecter C1 Elite
                Fender HM Strat

Peavey Ultra Plus
                Engl E212VH 2x12 horizontal cab with v30s
                Line 6 Toneport UX2

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?search=angusftw

Comment

Shoulda built your own.

I know, but I fail at that sort of thing. I probably could have built it for

strtdv has wisdom.

ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

Comment

i built my own though, with a nice case cooler master haf 922 and it glows all red n stuff
                    i got a good midrange gigabyte motherboard with crossfire capabilities in case i wanna do crossfire later but i only put 1 sapphire 6870 in it for now
                    my whole build cost me about 1200 last august, with an i5 quad core, 4 gb ddr3 1600 and 2x 500gb seagate barracuda hard drives, something leik this could easily be done under 1000 now
                    i highly recommend XFX psu's, i got the 750w modular one it rocks!
                    Randall Army
                    Equiperate EMGers Club
                    Member Of The €piphone Empire
                    Gear:
                    Randall RM100KH + RS412KHX
                    Ltd and Epiphone guitars
                    Tonepros bridges
                    Sperzel locking tuners
                    Emg pickups
                    Lava cable
                    Dunlop accessories

Comment

Good computer, that is pretty much the standard gamer's build right now.
                      Originally Posted by OceansBetweenUs

Cooker, you're comedic gold. I can't tell if you're serious, or just a hyper-troll far advanced beyond mortal's reckoning.

Good deals with: billcheckrules, sahlomonic

Comment

Pretty much my laptop

It should run nicely
                        Original Owner Items Inc.
                        Your #1 supplier of all things xEDGEx, br00tal, and originally owned maplifiers since 1981
                        VP of Back Alley Negotiations (Pimping)

Originally Posted by MONGO!

Black history for 1st graders

Originally Posted by nodachi

despite being horrendously biased, you are absolutely correct. NICEPWNT.

Originally Posted by King Loudness

Nicepwnt, not so nicely, I might add.

Good Deals with: Dimebag11, kdp86, LordOVchaos, K-Bizzle

Comment

i highly recommend XFX psu's, i got the 750w modular one it rocks!

I disagree. PC Power & Cooling PSU's are the only way to go IMO. I run them on my desktop and my servers...rock solid.
                          PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst
                          Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)
                          PRS SE One
                          --
                          EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab
                          Blackstar HT-5

Comment

I disagree. PC Power & Cooling PSU's are the only way to go IMO. I run them on my desktop and my servers...rock solid.

Yea thats good but XFX is good also. I use a Kingwin Lazer (also the coolest looking with the crystal blocks). Corsair, SeaSonic, ect... are all fine PSU's. Basically anything around $100 or more.
                            Originally Posted by OceansBetweenUs

Cooker, you're comedic gold. I can't tell if you're serious, or just a hyper-troll far advanced beyond mortal's reckoning.

Good deals with: billcheckrules, sahlomonic

Comment

I know, but I fail at that sort of thing. I probably could have built it for
                              Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like ******************** then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like ********************.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                                X