Tuner pedals?

boonestunes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TU-3 is better than the TU-2. But it's still not true bypass. So your signal is still buffered. It's a slight tone change but it still is. I just switched to the TC Electronic Polytune and I really like it. The polyphonic stuff is okay, but as a true bypass tuner with a great display, I dig it

• Members

I use the Pitchblack and love it, however the TC Polyphonic tuner looks really nice. Unfortunately it wasn't out when I bought mine, but if I had to buy another tuner today that would be the one. Nothing against the Pitchblack, but the Polytune is just better.

• Members

Polytune has a great display and is true bypass, plus it can power up to 2000mA daisy chained. I also used a TU-2 for many years and you can power 5 pedals with that as well. The new Boss and Polytune are around the same price...I'd spring for the Polytune, I got mine for $89 brand new a year ago. Being able to use a daisy chain is a big selling point for me.

I've also heard great things about the Turbo Tuner (dunno if it powers other pedals) and the Peterson is one of the most accurate, but it's expensive.

• Members

I'm gonna get flamed, but Behringer makes a damn good one. Cheap too.

It's really easy to make my guitar flat to match the acoustic piano @ my friend's house, doesn't color the tone and is easy to see on a dark stage. It's also proven to be durable as hell. Pulling the top off to change a battery is stoopid, but I use a wall wart (it's Behringer too and the quitest one I've seen). So y'all can go eff yourself if you refuse to look a Behringer stuff.

• Members

I have the Behringer at home and I don't recommend it. It sends a high pitch signal to the amp when the tuner is searching for a note. Very noticeable if you have your amp on the OD channel (or if you own a single channel high gain amp). On the clean channel it is not as noticeable. It won't tune a low B on a 5-string bass, and the battery lid broke off the first time I tried to put a battery in it. I fixed it though and used it for a while. It worked well except for the problems mentioned above. But I highly recommend the GFS unit over it.

• Members
I have the Behringer at home and I don't recommend it. It sends a high pitch signal to the amp when the tuner is searching for a note. Very noticeable if you have your amp on the OD channel (or if you own a single channel high gain amp). On the clean channel it is not as noticeable. It won't tune a low B on a 5-string bass, and the battery lid broke off the first time I tried to put a battery in it. I fixed it though and used it for a while. It worked well except for the problems mentioned above. But I highly recommend the GFS unit over it.

I agree the battery bit is stoopid. I never noticed that high pitch signal. Maybe there's something wrong with yours? It's not like Behringer gear has QA concerns :facepalm::rolleyes:. I wish someone would make a tuner pedal that has a mic built in so it can be easily set up to tune the git to something, like said piano, quickly. How hard could that be? Some kind of calibration function that automatically sets the tuner up to a reference pitch. Oh, and it's gotta be a pedal. I'd spend big bucks for something like that and I'm a cheap b@$t@%d.

Archived