How are those old Kramer Focus guitars?

-Assy-

• Members

focus3000.jpg

1989_Kramer.jpg

Made by ESP in Japan, Original Schaller Floyd Rose equipped, some came with Schaller pickups, some Duncans, kind of a crap-shoot according to some sources.

I can pick up a few 3000's right now for under 200 cases. Seems like a stupid good deal?

• Members

I don't think so. The different numbers indicated different shapes/pickup configs. They were all made in the same factory out of the same parts by the same people, I doubt QC would venture that much.

• Members

I had a 3000 a long time ago. If I remember correctly it had real low action, kind of stiff tremolo, and stayed in tune. But that was before I really know a lot about gear.

I got rid of my two 3000's earlier this year, one creme white and one was blue jean, both had dimarzios but they were just as good as the 1990's ESPs I have owned and tried, and felt as solid as my japanese Ibanez rg's and s's. The creme white was one of the better guitars I have owned and stayed in tune amazingly well.

• Members

You guys have to be referring to the later Focus guitars. The one I have and the early ones (banana headstock) in general were great guitars. The later ones...not so much. There's no way you'd come away after playing my Focus thinking that a Roadstar was better...I guarantee that.

• Members

You guys have to be referring to the later Focus guitars. The one I have and the early ones (banana headstock) in general were great guitars. The later ones...not so much. There's no way you'd come away after playing my Focus thinking that a Roadstar was better...I guarantee that.

No I am referring to the early ones. Maybe you got a good one, but that would be the exception, not the rule.

• Members

The old school kramer focus's are usually great i had a later 80s esp made focus 6000 for a while it was a great guitar but my hand didnt agree with the neck unfortunately.

The crappy ones are the old strikers, crappy korean (before they made good stuff :p ) plywood rubbish..

• Members

I think I am going to drop $50 more and get a Heartfield Talon IV.

Floyd Rose Pro tremolo, factory Dimarzio, Gotoh tuners, was almost $1300 new back in the early 90's.

Had a few other Heartfields of lower calibers, were amazing axes.

:love:

It is pearl white too :love: :love:

• Members

I think I am going to drop $50 more and get a Heartfield Talon IV.

Floyd Rose Pro tremolo, factory Dimarzio, Gotoh tuners, was almost $1300 new back in the early 90's.

Had a few other Heartfields of lower calibers, were amazing axes.

It is pearl white too

dude.... heartfield talon >>>>>>>>>>>>> kramer focus. For $50 more is a no-brainer. For $150 more it would still be a good deal.

• Members

OT:

Just go for the Ibanez RG 560/570s if you want a bang for the buck shredder...200-400$ on CL all day long.

A lot of them have replaced pickups.

Not the biggest fan of the necks, way too thin for my tastes for the most part. Much more into the charvel/fender feel.

Archived