Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are those old Kramer Focus guitars?

Made by ESP in Japan, Original Schaller Floyd Rose equipped, some came with Schaller pickups, some Duncans, kind of a crap-shoot according to some sources.

I can pick up a few 3000's right now for under 200 cases. Seems like a stupid good deal?
    HCAF's resident meathead.

I haven't played one in years but back in the day they were considered crap so IDK
    http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

IIRC the higher the number, the better quality. ie Focus 1000= crap/ Focus 5000= very nice guitar.

Comment

I don't think so. The different numbers indicated different shapes/pickup configs. They were all made in the same factory out of the same parts by the same people, I doubt QC would venture that much.

Comment

Guess I'm wrong then. It's been a long time since I've seen one of those. I do know, my buddy has a 2000 (I think) looks just like the white one in the OP and is a very nice playing guitar.

Comment

I used to have a Focus 6000 neck on my USA BC Rich ST-III/

It was a great neck - I've never played the entire guitar though.
            Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
            Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
            Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
            ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

I had a 3000 a long time ago. If I remember correctly it had real low action, kind of stiff tremolo, and stayed in tune. But that was before I really know a lot about gear.

Comment

My old Focus 3000 is a fabulous guitar, but it needs a refret really badly. Didn't know they were made by ESP but from the quality of mine it doesn't surprise me at all.
                Gear
                Mesa Mark IV Widebody Combo
                1978 Marshall Super Lead 100
                1965 Fender Pro Reverb
                Roland VGA-7
                Fractal AxeFX Ultra
                Guitars: Charvel San Dimas/Schecter Loomis 7 FR/Carvin HF2/Prototype Wayne Green Meanie/Ibanez PL1770/Fender YJM/Fender Strat Deluxe

Comment

Hey glenecho, let me know if you want some cheap luthier work. I miss doing fretwork.

Comment

I had a 3000 a long time ago. If I remember correctly it had real low action, kind of stiff tremolo, and stayed in tune. But that was before I really know a lot about gear.

I got rid of my two 3000's earlier this year, one creme white and one was blue jean, both had dimarzios but they were just as good as the 1990's ESPs I have owned and tried, and felt as solid as my japanese Ibanez rg's and s's. The creme white was one of the better guitars I have owned and stayed in tune amazingly well.

Comment

My old girlfriend owned one. HATED IT. Ultimate steaming pile of....

Comment

My first pointy/weapon guitar was a Kramer Focus 3000, I think... Looked great, played ok... came with Floyd and 3 humbuckers... really neck heavy. not well balanced.

Comment

If you want a nice and cheap early 80's shred guitar, you'd do A LOT better with an Ibanez Roadstar.
                          http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

If you want a nice and cheap early 80's shred guitar, you'd do A LOT better with an Ibanez Roadstar.

+1,000

Focus - ****************e

Comment

You guys have to be referring to the later Focus guitars. The one I have and the early ones (banana headstock) in general were great guitars. The later ones...not so much. There's no way you'd come away after playing my Focus thinking that a Roadstar was better...I guarantee that.
                              Gear
                              Mesa Mark IV Widebody Combo
                              1978 Marshall Super Lead 100
                              1965 Fender Pro Reverb
                              Roland VGA-7
                              Fractal AxeFX Ultra
                              Guitars: Charvel San Dimas/Schecter Loomis 7 FR/Carvin HF2/Prototype Wayne Green Meanie/Ibanez PL1770/Fender YJM/Fender Strat Deluxe

Comment

Working...
                              X