Humans are a disease?

Crunchtime

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It occurs to me that man is nothing more than a disease to mother Earth. Only after we kill each other off will Earth be able to heal itself.

Agree?

Earth's been here for a long time before us, and most likely will continue a long time after us (unless obliterated by some cosmic event).

Most days I don't get too shook about it. It is sad how much we destroy along with us, which I do attempt to at least do a little to help prevent.

But I'm not about to get in line to off myself or go all 12 monkeys just yet. Give another 30 years and I might start to consider it.

• Members

No. I used to believe we were like a parasite in a way. And sometimes we do things that seem like it. But really everything we do, no matter how bad or good, its all part of the universe. We are a product of our universe. Even our planet destroys itself. It also creates. Yin/yang.

• Members

No. I used to believe we were like a parasite in a way. And sometimes we do things that seem like it. But really everything we do, no matter how bad or good, its all part of the universe. We are a product of our universe. Even our planet destroys itself. It also creates. Yin/yang.

I feel you man, it's like apoptosis and the earth is a cell.

• Members

"The firmament is blue forever, and the Earth will long stand firm and bloom in the spring. But, man, how long will you live?"

Quote on my inner bicep by wandering poet from the Tang Dynasty.

We will destroy ourselves long before the Earth sees it's final days. We will bring it to the brink of destruction, but it will most likely overcome anything we can throw at it. We take up only an asshair of the amount of time the Earth has been in existence and will exist. If it can overcome the previous apocalypses, it can surely overcome whatever we can throw at it.

• Members

Nope, we'll surely kill the earth first. Sorry.

I'm sure some other species thought the same thing millions of years ago before they went extinct. Human existence is not that dated respective to the earth's age. Considering dino's lasted 160 million and humans have only been around .5 million I'd say there's a bigger chance our species die out before the earth.

• Members

It occurs to me that man is nothing more than a disease to mother Earth. Only after we kill each other off will Earth be able to heal itself.

Agree?

No, but lets start with you and see what happens.

Just do the chick in your avatar first.

• Members

{censored}..how I hate self loathing hippies.

I work with someone that says this {censored} alot...

Oh...he is a vegan who rides a bicycle everywhere....

a bicycle that I love to point out that has a frame made from steel...steel that is made of iron & carbon. two products that come from open cut mining & are joined together

by the use of fossil fuels.

Tires made from synthetic rubber made from petrolium

he spends most of his time at work using a computer that is made from petrolium & heavy metals and is powered by the burning of dirty, filthy coal.

He keeps his vegan lunch in a refrigerator that uses electricity made by coal. he keeps his lunch in a plastic container that comes from petrolium.

He writes on paper made from old growth forests. His {censored}ing belt & shoes are plastic.

The arsehole had central heating & cooling installed in his house

and thinks he has offset it that by installing a few {censored}ing solar panels on his roof....

{censored}ing hippies.

• Members

{censored}..how I hate self loathing hippies.

I work with someone that says this {censored} alot...

Oh...he is a vegan who rides a bicycle everywhere....

It's possible to think this way without being one of those fruit loops.

Agent Smith knows his {censored}.

This whole issue is one of the main reasons for religion.. whatever the truth is, for alot of people.. religion sure tastes better "going down". Along the same lines as people will believe whatever you tell them if it's a compliment.

I always laugh at the people who feel way too many emotions (empathy) for wild animals, or even animals in general. It's the way the world works.. if the Dinosaurs were still around, they'd be eating us. It's nature. However civilised we try to be, it's still nature. And we are still animals. Just highly evolved ones. We get hungry, we kill things, we eat things, just like all the others. We breed, we {censored} etc etc. To deny all that to me, is like living in a permanent cartoon. Speaking of which, if there were no such thing as cartoons and stuffed animals, I'm betting the amount of vegans and vegatarians would be alot less.

Archived