Jet City 20 watt owners what settings and what is your set up?

Neilrocks25

• Members

JCA 20 watt owners

So what's your settings, speakers, pedals and guitar(s).

My settings are

Gain 4.2 Reverb 2.5 Bass 5 Middle 5 Treble 5 volume 2.5 presence 4

its the combo and I have not had a chance to change the speaker yet.

I am using an SD-1 as a boost but I have some other pedals once I get the right power supplies (and I am dying to try them).

I am using an Edwards les paul and a modded Strat.

Any clips would be great too :)

• Members

My settings are similar when I am using the normal channel on my JCAs for a crunchy tone. Except that I use 5/6/5 (BMT) and more volume. I love the SD-1 as a boost for the JCA, they work together really well. I have an OCD as well, but I prefer the SD-1. I am using V30s but it's a 4x12, I would use a Greenback if I was using the smaller combo.

• Members

I use mine mainly for practice with one of my bands, but I've got the combo and the 1x12 ext. cab, both with the original speakers. Original tubes too. My settings are usually Gain 6, Bass 6, Mid 5, Treble 4 (it seems like a bright amp to me), Reverb 2, Presence 1, Volume 5.

Run it through a Fulltone Fatboost, Danelectro TOD v1 and a Line 6 M9. Usually use my Epi Dot with DiMarzio SD and PAF Pro pickups. Mainly pop and hard rock.

• Members

gain 5.5

bass 5.5

midz 3.5

trebs 6

presence 6

depth 4.5

ts-9 moded to 808 specs as a rhythm boost

gain 1-3

tone depends on the guitar, if it has duncan jb pickups but a mahogany body i go treble-ier than a guitar with jbs that is made of alder then the level is usually any where from 1/2 way up to all the way up.

• Members

Gain: 7.5

Bass: 6.0

Mid: 3.5

High: 5.0

Pres: 1.5

Volume: 2.5

I use a DS-1 sometimes for a boost during live shows, but normally when I turn up the amp louder I get more gain from it. I was using a phaser in front of the amp, which I discountued. Basically just goes guitar, cable, tuner, ds-1, JCA20.

When the JCA22 comes out it is rumored to take pedals well, if thats the case, this is going to be my main gigging/practice amp.

Using Vintage 30's in a whitebox cab.

• Members

my settings change depeding on guitar.

i just actually finished a tele project...and did a recording with my cab in another room, so that will be posted up (its being edited on imovie right now)

but i mainly have hte gain at 5-7 and if i boost it ill use a timmy or a suhr shiba drive

i use a 1x12 cab with a jensen mod 12-70 for quieter playing (it inneficient so i can get the amp volume to around 4-5) but if i wanna rock out/record ill use my framus 2x12 sith mismatched v30/GB

• Members

Sometimes I'll use 2, or more different axes on the same recording or idea. The Eq varies. Usually I cut the mids some but the volume is always 4 or louder. To me it does sound as good until it is opened up, and the EL84's cooking. I don't have a boost yet but have settled on a secret weapon EQ/clean boost that I will purchase very soon. I have the head I should say.

• Members

Does the head have good bottom end? I don't like not having an FX loop, for an EQ. But, I found one locally for $175 LIKE NEW. I'm tempted to offer him $150, and go get it!

But, I need good bass!!!

Combo or head? I have no problem with enough bass through the JCA 112 cab but 212 would definitely give better bass.

• Members

head. I just don't like not having an EQ in the loop. I don't want to buy one on a whim, & find out that it lacks bottom end.

I was worried when i bought mine that it would sound thin as compared to my Marshall, but was happily suprised it had decent Bottom end.

There is a depth mod some of the guys are doing that really yields some impressive results.

For $175, i'd give it a try, you can always resell it for what you paid.

• Members

I was worried when i bought mine that it would sound thin as compared to my Marshall, but was happily suprised it had decent Bottom end.

There is a depth mod some of the guys are doing that really yields some impressive results.

For $175, i'd give it a try, you can always resell it for what you paid.

I can get one NEW for $190! That seems worth it, with a 30-day return policy..

• Members

I dont have it anymore but i was using my 20 watt head with my lp with p94's, bbe boosta grande, jca24s. I set my neck pickup volume low enough for a fairly clean tone and bridge pickup volume at 10. It was gain 10:30, bass 11:00, mids 2:00, treble 12:30, presence 10:00. It was lovely.

doing the 100 watt thing now, but considering using it in a similar way now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm using my head for cleaner sounds with my band and surprisingly it's working out well. It never stays completely clean but is very dynamic.

Preamp: 2

Bass: 6

Mid: 4-5

Treble: 6-7

Master: 8-9

Presence: 2-3

Have a M13 and Fulldrive II upfront...if I want a little more dirt and A/B with my Soldano when I want bone crushing tones.

• Members

I'm using my head for cleaner sounds with my band and surprisingly it's working out well. It never stays completely clean but is very dynamic.

Preamp: 2

Bass: 6

Mid: 4-5

Treble: 6-7

Master: 8-9

Presence: 2-3

Have a M13 and Fulldrive II upfront...if I want a little more dirt and A/B with my Soldano when I want bone crushing tones.

I want to try this too I am just sorting out some power supplies for my pedals (100v power here and they need AC output power supplies)

Archived